Author Topic: adding files from another volume/device  (Read 5705 times)

frode

adding files from another volume/device
« on: October 17, 2005, 06:06:38 pm »
Hello!

I'm using 1.0-RC1 (but I expect it should read 1.0-RC1.1 since I downloaded the latest release from this website).

I got a problem when adding files from a device E:\ and building to another location. When I compile, CB tries to create a building folder say "C:\mainproject\build\.objs\E:\mysubproject\sources" and "C:\mainproject\build\.deps\E:\mysubproject\sources".

I have looked at Project/target options (Project > Properties) where I am expected to set-up this stuff, but I cannot see how I can control how CB creates its folders. It looks like CB concatenates the absolute path "E:\mysubproject\sources" to my custom build directory "C:\mainproject\build\.objs".

BTW, thanks for this great IDE!

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: adding files from another volume/device
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 06:43:31 pm »
It looks like CB concatenates the absolute path "E:\mysubproject\sources" to my custom build directory "C:\mainproject\build\.objs"

That's true. I don't understand though, why someone would want his project file reside in another volume?!?
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

frode

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:46:27 am »
Well, first of all I supposed that all objects files were compiled into the output directory ".objs" and not a subdirectory of it.

I have my project sources on a USB memory card and the sources are used by computer A and B. The USB memory card also serves like a common CVS working repository, since computer B is not connected in a network. Maybe I make things more complex than they are? :-)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 06:42:43 pm »
Yes. Use a local dir for your sourcefiles, and use your USB drive for CVS.

therion

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 07:17:28 pm »
I have my project sources on a USB memory card and the sources are used by computer A and B. The USB memory card also serves like a common CVS working repository, since computer B is not connected in a network. Maybe I make things more complex than they are? :-)

Hello,

I use my usb card for exactly the same purpose as you...
But i changed only the "Objects output dir" of my target (to c:\temp). The output is in the usb key. It´s working pretty well for me.

Regards

therion

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 07:21:15 pm »
The output is in the usb key.

Sorry, i mean: the "executable" output...