Author Topic: The 21 July 2009 build (5696) is out.  (Read 54217 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 21 July 2009 build (5696) is out.
« on: July 22, 2009, 12:13:58 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 21 July 2009 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20090721_rev5696_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• CodeSnippets 1.3.107 2009/06/22
    - Add "Settings..." to plugin ">" button menu.
    - Use APPDATA envar on first run since CodeBlocks returns "" for config folder in OnAttach()
  • merged wxfnb_to_wxaui branch to trunk
  • added missing files in debian install-file (got lost in merge); reverted 5683 (the files have been renamed in 5671 and are therefore not missing)
  • fix broken context-menus in infopane; make sure that starthere-page is hidden if a new project is created; replace tabs with spaces
  • fix a background-coloring issue (not the whole background was coloured, only bg containing characters, see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10810.msg74145.html#msg74145)
  • BrowseTracker 1.2.78 2009/07/13
    - Fix activations by keyboard after wxAuiNotebook added.
    - Sort browse marks in idle time.
  • fix a possible crash-candidate
  • indentation guide highlight

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 21 July 2009 build (5696) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:14:24 pm »
    FYI : next nightly will most likely be build with GCC MinGW 4.4.0

Offline ahui886

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:19:54 pm »
    great!
    good job!
    thx.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 02:36:17 pm »
    Just moved the debian-build on my server (see signature) into the repo.

They are build on lenny-pbuilder and linked against wxWidgets 2.8.10.

The revision for my builds is 5694.
    The only missing part is the indendation guide highlight (the indendation guide is still working of course).

Uploading the latest version will take me about 5 hours due to my fantastic ISDN connection.
    It will most likely come this evening / night.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:55:05 pm »
    If we use the nightly build version build from GCC MinGW 4.4.0, do we need to use a "Dwarf-2 Unwinding TDM-GCC"?

Because by default, the current TDM-GCC was still using "SJLJ".

I have suggest John to set "Dwarf-2 Unwinding TDM-GCC" as a default install package, but seems there's no response. :(
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »
    Ubuntu 8.04 to 9.04 Amd64 tar.gz archive (containing '.deb' installers builds with wx2810) can be found  here (direct link).
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline geiermeier

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 08:58:58 am »
    Shouldn't this version contain the possibility to have more than one editor pane? If so I can't find out how to achieve this.

And somehow I can't comment/uncomment anymore, not with shortcut nor with menu. This happens after I use the settings to choose between docking the symbols browser and having it as separate window. Seems like both directions of changing this option break the ability to comment out code (using the line comment // ).

Actually it happens even after going into the editor options without changing anything...
    It only happens sometimes. If you can't reproduce, I'll look some further into this.

Restarting CB helps then.
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:13:28 am by geiermeier »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 10:38:26 am »
    Shouldn't this version contain the possibility to have more than one editor pane? If so I can't find out how to achieve this.
    Move the mouse over an editors tab, press the left mouse-button and drag it (the tab) with pressed button to another place in the editor pane.
    And somehow I can't comment/uncomment anymore, not with shortcut nor with menu. This happens after I use the settings to choose between docking the symbols browser and having it as separate window. Seems like both directions of changing this option break the ability to comment out code (using the line comment // ).

Actually it happens even after going into the editor options without changing anything...
    It only happens sometimes. If you can't reproduce, I'll look some further into this.

I can confirm this issue and will have alook into it (doesn't even work from menu).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 01:42:10 pm »

I can confirm this issue and will have alook into it (doesn't even work from menu).

Should (hopefully) be fixed in trunk (r5701) and cc-branch (r5702).

Offline dirk_1980

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 04:50:09 pm »
    Hi

I am disappoints of y'all,  because a alleged easy "save with backup",  is not build in after now  2 new versions.

I am also disappoints over y'all, because I thought CodeBlocks would be my editor for my embedded projects.
    But you don't build in the  "#Ifdef #else #endif " evaluation.

Thus I will stwitch to Netbeans for my embedded projects, not for my Windows projects!

Best wishes,
    Dirk

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
      • X@v's wxStuff
    « Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 11:50:09 pm »
    Hi all
    I have a strange behaviour with the Help plugin under Windows.

Here is the context :
    I've defined the wxWidgets "chm" help file as the "main" help file to be used (pressing the F1 key will search for the selected word in this file).
    I've also defined another "chm" help file with this plugin, but for this one, no option is selected (I just select a word in the editor, and go to Help -> Name of the help file).

And now, here is the problem :
    I first open the "secondary" help file by selecting a keyword, and go into the help menu
    Then, I select another keyword, and press the F1 key to open the main help file.
    There is a message shown 2 times before the help file comes.
    The title of the MessageBox is : HTML Help Author Message
    And the text is :The window name "main" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified.
    As I said, this message is shown 2 times, and after that, the help file is opened correctly.

If I first open the main help file, and then the secondary, there is no problems, and the help files are shown correctly without message.

I hope I explained myself correctly : if not, let me know.  :?

Can someone confirm this ?

Regards
    Xav'
    The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
    My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline chikigai

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 01:30:18 am »

Should (hopefully) be fixed in trunk (r5701) and cc-branch (r5702).

Hello,

I noticed this from a couple of nightly builds back and filed a bug report which can now be closed:

http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=16032&group_id=5358
    [Development Environment]
    IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly Build SVN Rev.6080 wxWidgets: 2.8.10 Windows Unicode Build SVN: 1.6.x

Offline kad77

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 03:59:25 am »
    Hi, I've been a Dev-C++ guy for years, and as long as I can keep plugging in new mingw builds and use MSYS, I'm happy. I really appreciate how the CB people are trying to evolve an IDE to meet the needs of the non-MSVC subclass like myself. ;-)

I am considering using CodeBlocks now that I have some new projects and will be spending time in the IDE again. I mostly write cross-platform code from Windows, and have little use for Visual Studio or Eclipse despite some of their nifty features, due to their incompatibilities.

From an outsiders perspective, the release cycle management of CB is frustrating. Many of us want to see where things are at this year, but don't want to work with SVN (just read about the comment/uncomment bug). Despite all of the SVN activity, it's been almost 1.5 years since a formal release!! I might as well stick with ancient DevCpp, which I know, than learn an old release of CB thats missing current features...

Can the devs please consider letting some potential new users in the gate? Having a feature freeze, and just fixing regressions and bugs so a proper release can happen? any time now? Many die-hard Dev-Cpp users would really appreciate a modern, current, stable CB 8.x release so we can jump in.

I realize CB from 2/08 is out. This request is out of principle. Why let the hard work of many months be hidden from 'outsiders'??

Apologies if my feedback sounds like negativity. I just want to remind you of the plebs out here that just want to use the product and give feedback, not necessarily write the IDE & their apps. ;-)

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
    « Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 05:12:38 am »
    The 'User templates' can't portable, it's must saved in %APPDATA%\codeblocks ?
    Why can't saved to: $(CODEBLOCKS)\share\ ?

Offline geiermeier

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 10:38:46 am »
    From an outsiders perspective, the release cycle management of CB is frustrating. Many of us want to see where things are at this year, but don't want to work with SVN (just read about the comment/uncomment bug). Despite all of the SVN activity, it's been almost 1.5 years since a formal release!! I might as well stick with ancient DevCpp, which I know, than learn an old release of CB thats missing current features...

I've never used SVN access to the sources and I've never build a binary version myself. Just use the nightly builds, that are advertised in this forum.

Maybe they should call them differently and just release them as normal versions, because that's basically what they are.