Author Topic: virtual projects?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline raybert

• Multiple posting newcomer
virtual projects?
« on: April 23, 2009, 11:44:45 pm »
Is it possible to create a "virtual project" in CB?

What I mean by this is that I'd like to have a project which has no files of its own but which *includes* some other projects (similar to the way you include sources) and builds them when it is built.  In particular, I'd like to have the included projects visible in the project tree *only* as children of the virtual project (so, by default they aren't visible unless you open their parent node in the tree).

I've noticed that CB lets you add project files to an empty project, and they are hidden as I described, but CB doesn't seem to know what to do with them when you build the parent.  (I even looked under the individual file properties to see if I could enable a "CB build" on a cbp file, but no such luck.)

I've found that I can create an empty project with no files of its own and set other projects as dependencies and they will build with the empty project.  That works well, but the dependency projects are still visible in the project tree as peers of the empty/virtual project.

I have a couple of projects like this where it's not likely anyone will ever need to use the dependency projects directly and it would be nice to have them hidden.

Thanks,

~ray