Author Topic: Ubuntu cannot open projects  (Read 7127 times)

bgc1

Ubuntu cannot open projects
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:54:06 am »
Hi all,

This morning were a few updates for code::blocks available in Ubuntu. Since then I can't open existing projects with code::blocks!?! Also when I want to create a new Project, then code::blocks crashes!!!

Has someone an idea? For me it's really important because I work the whole day with code::blocks...

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Ubuntu cannot open projects
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:09:07 am »
Which repo do you use ?

Which version of ubuntu ?

Are there any (more or less) meaningful error-messages if you start from a console, or is there a bug-report in /tmp/codeblocks_dbgrpt-xxx-xxxxxxxxxx/codeblocks.xml ?
(Instead of the x's there are numbers showing the pid and the date and time of the crash.)

bgc1

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:30:28 am »
I use Ubuntu 8.10 and installed code::blocks directly from universe!

When I start code::blocks from a console and then open a project the following lines appears:

Loading project file...
Parsing project file...
Loading target Debug
Loading target Release
Loading project files...
1 files loaded
Done loading project in 6ms
Project's base path: /home/bgc1/u/Projekte/GestureRecognition/codeBlocks/FirstOpenCV/
Project's common toplevel path: /home/bgc1/u/Projekte/GestureRecognition/codeBlocks/FirstOpenCV/

but I see nothing in the project-management!

When I crate a new project then code::blocks generate a bug-report with the following name: /tmp/codeblocks_dbgrpt-24679-20090415T111052/codeblocks.xml

I attached the bug-report!

Thanks a lot for your help,

Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:55:27 pm »
As far as I know, there are no C::B packages in ubuntu 8.10, except for the 8.02 release.

Your package is most likely from http://lgp203.free.fr/ubuntu/ (if I remember right the 64-bit packages in pasgui's repo are build by Xaviou, but I'm not 100% sure).

That means I can not have a deeper look into this issue, because the used build-system is not available for me.

I don't have such issues with my (debian) nightlies on my on 64-bit machine.

Doombug

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:22:14 am »
My prayer to he code gods :

I report exactly the same problem, also using 64bit Ubuntu (8.10 in this case) and the same repository. WXWidgets is also up to date.

Completely uninstalling, purging and reinstalling WXWidgets and Code::Blocks from an installation file did not have the desired effect, i am still unable to open or create ANY projects, causing Code::Blocks to be completely useless.

I attached the bug report XML which is generated when trying to create a new project. Trying to open existing projects or workspaces does not cause a bug report, however, it just states that opening the files isn't possible.

I guess that i got no other choice than using some other IDE until a solution or fix is around, last time i checked though there weren't too many decent ones around that worked on 64bit. =(

EDIT :

I disabled the svn build repository http://lgp203.free.fr/ubuntu/ , deinstalled and reinstalled codeblocks again. It now uses the version 8-02ubuntu2 from the standard repositories. That might be an older version, but at least it works again.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:40:51 am by Doombug »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 12:22:26 pm »
Did you read this (and the following posts) ?

Doombug

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:28:59 pm »
Yes, but i didn't experience any toolbar crashes, and even after from-file-installing and updating from the repository after the repos files were updated my problem was not solved.
With the standard Ubuntu repos only it works fine, so i guessed waiting for the next nightly build and using that one until then could be my best option to work with it.

Omni

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 09:09:19 pm »
same problem here. cannot open projects, crash upon creating new projects.

using ubuntu 8.10, Codeblocks nightly build svn 5534 from http://lgp203.free.fr/ubuntu/, wx-version 2.8.9.2-1

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 09:27:17 pm »
same problem here. cannot open projects, crash upon creating new projects.

using ubuntu 8.10, Codeblocks nightly build svn 5534 from http://lgp203.free.fr/ubuntu/, wx-version 2.8.9.2-1

I'm having the same problem with my own build of the current rev on Ubuntu 8.04 i386. I'll try a clean rebuild and report back if that solves the issue.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 04:20:32 am »
the rebuild worked for me. xaviou's rebuild should also be working. try uninstalling then reinstalling with apt-get if you are still having issues.