Author Topic: Use wxWidgets Debug Lib  (Read 3793 times)

Offline wagb278

• Single posting newcomer
Use wxWidgets Debug Lib
« on: April 18, 2009, 03:00:59 am »
I'm having problems getting projects to build when I define __WXDEBUG__.

I now (finally) have installed the debug libraries. I hope my problem is that the builds are not using the debug version of the libraries.

How do I tell Code::Blocks to use the wxWidgets debug libraries? Also, do I need to use both (base and gtk2), or does base call gtk2?  The libraries I have are (same location as the non-debug versions):
  • base-unicode-debug-2.8
  • gtk2-unicode-debug-2.8

I am running Code::Blocks SVN 5534 on Ubuntu Linux (64-bit) version 8.04 (Hardy) with wxWidgets 2.8.9 / unicode.

I expect that if I am building a Debug target of a wxWidgets project and the debug version of the wxWidgets libraries are installed the new project wizard would automatically invoke those instead of the "release" version.

I looked in the code::blocks project file expecting to see the non-debug libraries specified but that is not the case.  I can't find where the wxWidgets libraries are invoked at all. I also looked in project's build options and don't see any wxWidgets libraries specified.

A little help, please.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Use wxWidgets Debug Lib
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 09:49:00 am »
I looked in the code::blocks project file expecting to see the non-debug libraries specified but that is not the case.  I can't find where the wxWidgets libraries are invoked at all. I also looked in project's build options and don't see any wxWidgets libraries specified.

wxWidgets includes, compiler-flags, libs and linker-flags are invoked with calls of wx-config in "Build options -> Code::Blocks - Unix -> Compiler settings -> Other settings" and "Build options -> Code::Blocks - Unix -> Linker settings -> Other lunker options".

Just call wx-config --help from the console to see what options you need to use the debug-libraries.

Offline wagb278

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Use wxWidgets Debug Lib
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 04:19:47 pm »
Thanks - Working now.

I added `wx-config --libs --debug=yes` to the Project build options -> Linker Settings - Other linker options. Set __WXDEBUG__ in Compiler Settings -> Defines then rebuild project and for the first time with __WXDEBUG__ defined get an error-free build.

After adding #include <wx/debug.h> all works, even wxASSERT_MSG()
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:59:36 pm by wagb278 »