Author Topic: Integrated debugging for other compilers?  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Greatwolf

• Multiple posting newcomer
Integrated debugging for other compilers?
« on: October 08, 2005, 09:46:40 am »
Hi all,

I've heard about C::B and finally got a chance to check it out. IDE looks very nice espcially the icons and all. btw, are there any plans to make the toolbars dockable and customizable in the future like in Visual Studio? That would be neat.

Anyway, onto my main inquiry. Would it be possible to implement some kind of integrated debugging for the other compilers besides MinGW? The one in particular I'm interested in is being able to do debugging on borland compiled output from C::B. Awhile ago, I was thinking about somehow getting gdb to work with borland's debug symbols but such a thing is beyond my area of expertise and I'm not sure how plausible it is.

Any comments and thoughts on this future prospect?

Thanks

PS. can you add some kind of arrow on the left margin gutter when debugging so it's easier to tell visually when we're stepping through it?

Thanks again and kickass IDE btw :)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Integrated debugging for other compilers?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 11:07:30 am »
Support for other debuggers has been planned for post-1.0 releases.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Greatwolf

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 10:30:13 pm »
and what of the other suggestions regarding dockable toolbars and debugging/stepping arrow on margin gutter?

Thanks

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:41:48 pm »
and what of the other suggestions regarding dockable toolbars and debugging/stepping arrow on margin gutter?

Thanks

Initial docking windows support has been added for RC2. It's not perfect but eventually we 'll get there ;)
About the arrow, it can be done. Be sure to submit a feature request though, because we don't search the forums for clues when we 're implementing new features ;)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...