Author Topic: Code::Blocks' translation  (Read 564838 times)

Trikko

Re: Code::Blocks' translation
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2006, 09:03:29 am »
If you want i can translate C::B in italian...

Almorca

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 11:04:52 pm »
I think that a forum for translation would have to be created for the coordination of the translations.

P.D. I have started the spanish translation.

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2006, 05:50:50 pm »
Hi i'm newbie in Code::Blocks, but i like the IDE you've done and started to translate the UI in BG(bulgarian)
I hope there are other BG users here in the forum and can help me to do that. Please contact me if you want to help me

sorry for my poor english

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2006, 09:40:44 pm »
I think that a forum for translation would have to be created for the coordination of the translations.

P.D. I have started the spanish translation.

Please, no more forums, several sticky topics would be better.  Just one for each langauge with the first post always edited to reflect the current status of the translation.

Zlika

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 08:44:30 pm »
I agree with Game_Ender. Maybe we should even create a "Translation" forum, with sub-forum for each language (even english, because as many of the devs are not native english spokers, maybe there are some improvements to do).

Then a directory should be created on SVN (with write access to a couple of devs per language) to put the po files and update them in the same way as the source files.

takeshimiya

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 09:08:17 pm »
I agree with Game_Ender. Maybe we should even create a "Translation" forum, with sub-forum for each language (even english, because as many of the devs are not native english spokers, maybe there are some improvements to do).

Then a directory should be created on SVN (with write access to a couple of devs per language) to put the po files and update them in the same way as the source files.
Something like this will help: http://l10n.kde.org/stats/doc/trunk/kdevelop

Zlika

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 09:22:53 pm »
Exactly, but we can start by something simpler.

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2006, 10:58:16 am »
where i can put my translation to view what i have done

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2006, 11:25:52 am »
where i can put my translation to view what i have done
You can upload your patches here:
http://developer.berlios.de/patch/?func=addpatch&group_id=5358

As a general thing regarding translations, please do note two things:

• It may take a while for translations to be committed to SVN.
    First of all, I don't know what to do with a .pot file in the first place, so I cannot do it, and Yiannis is quite busy too.
    Second, we haven't worked out a good infrastructure for translations yet. Translations should at least have one responsible author as well as a controller/reviewer, and this should be transparent to the end user somewhere on the web site (not in the forum). We haven't had time to work out a specific concept that pleases us yet. A complete remodelling of the web site (which will support such things later) is in work.
  • You will have noticed that (other than would be expected in RC state) Code::Blocks still undergoes heavy modifications. This may cause some texts to change yet, and some of your work being invalidated, consequently. We try to keep it to a minimum, but... no guarantees.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2006, 11:32:12 am »
ok 10x for the answer
i'll translatet as much as i can
soon i'll submit translated .po file(or/and compiled .mo file)

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2006, 09:19:20 pm »
I gave my beginning of translation to 2 teams but it seems they didn't finish it.

I just want to check because I might finish the translation if nobody wants to. ( I was at 45 % and now I am getting more free time ).

Ps: Good idea the sub-forum ^^
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 02:33:40 pm by teto »

Lazarus Long

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 09:11:40 pm »
Hi, thomas:

First of all, I don't know what to do with a .pot file in the first place, so I cannot do it, and Yiannis is quite busy too.

A pot file is a message catalog template, from which the message catalog files (po) are generated. These, using the GNU gettext utilities are compiled into the mo files that are distributed along the program and that allow the localization.

It can be found here information about GNU gettext and here information on how to include support for it in Windows binaries.

Cheers,

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 09:43:16 pm »
wxWidgets has its own gettext replacement, so it is not needed to include support for it in Windows binaries ;)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2006, 12:10:10 pm »
How can i compile SVN copy of Code::Blocks with my translation where should i put the .pot or po file or someting else that i should to do

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2006, 10:09:37 pm »