Author Topic: profiling wxSmith plugin  (Read 2211 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
profiling wxSmith plugin
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:58:53 am »
Hello everybody,

I already used the profiling plugin to profile one of my own programs ( :lol: one of the two I have and which are work in progress and I fear always will  :lol:) and it works just as expected...

Now I wanted to take a look into wxSmith profiling it to see just where it spends its time and so learn how to do things (I wanted to implement a vaguely similar way of parsing xml elements in one of my own progs, see above). I tried to set the -pg flag to the wxSmith project in c::b and recompiled it. Running code::blocks from within code::blocks using this so compiled wxSmith plugin did not give out the expected gmon.out file anywhere...

I read some topics on this in forum, and so I tried with another target instead of wxSmith, I compiled the sdk with the -pg flag set and ran code::blocks, but with the same result of getting no gmon.out file...

While profiling is very strait forward when profiling a single app, when it comes to linked libraries, I don't seem to understand how to do it. Can anybody give me some clue?

I'm using the 5480 svn build of c::b out of devel&output directories on a SuSE 11.1 x86_64 linux

Thanks for all help, regards

nausea
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100