Author Topic: WXWIN  (Read 7205 times)

jravan

WXWIN
« on: October 06, 2005, 05:45:50 am »
I have just started to work with C:B, in actuality, about 24 hours. My goal is to develop a wxWidgets program. I've spent a little time trying to get the skeleton app provided in the wxWidgets template project to compile on my system, and I've found the "Compiling wxWidgets 2.6.1 to develop Code::Blocks (MSW)" page to use as a guide.

As I look at that explanation I wonder if there is a way to use the WXWIN environment variable that the wxWidget's build provides to define the necessary compiler and library paths in C::B. Hard coding these paths means that the project will break when I install the next version of wxWidgets.

And just FYI, I had already compiled wxWidgets using the VC++ workspace prior to discovering C::B, so I know my wxWidgets build (2.6.2) already works.

regards,
-jim

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: WXWIN
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:53:44 am »
Two choices:

* WXWIN is already defined in your system. Just use it (see below) normally.
* WXWIN isn't defined. Define it in your project's custom variables. These are actually environment variables being set just before building.

To use environment variables in C::B, use any of the following ways (they work under *all* platforms):

$WXWIN
$(WXWIN)
${WXWIN}
%WXWIN%

So, for example, instead of adding "C:\Some\where\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include" as a compiler include dir, you can add this "$(WXWIN)\include" (assuming WXWIN is set as "C:\Some\where\wxWidgets-2.6.2").
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...