Author Topic: Help with "Build and Run"  (Read 10657 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Help with "Build and Run"
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 03:32:10 am »
Jens:
Completely understandable why youre mad. But the comment wasnt for you
You helped me out by telling me I had the wrong version
The reply was to Morten MacFly who did not add anything to the thread except vaguely echo your previous comment that I had the wrong version
I don't think my skin is thin, I just didn't like his reply. It did nothing to help me, as I said before
I realize I'm a beginner, but if you truly want to help someone , there are certain ways to do it

YOU do not understand we are all tired of wasting our time helping beginners; this website/forum is NOT to help beginners learning how to program.

Tim S
PS: The difference between ignorance and stupidity; is that ignorance can be solved by being willing to learn.

Please think about which group; that your comments has placed yourself into from our point of view.
At first, I just thought you were ignorant, but you are slowly changing my mind to stupid.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:42:32 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline jtman54179

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 06:27:27 am »
I'm sorry that you all have not understood me
I did not come into this thread to make myself seem like a troll
I was simply informing the previous posters in this thread two things (which you Tim S. do not seem to understand:
1) Jens helped me out I was thanking him and in no way was I trying to make his week worse. As I said before his comment about me having the wrong version was correct. It seems the first time I did have the MinGW version, but the second time I only downloaded the standalone version. SO I re download the MinGW version and everything worked fine. HE HELPED ME AND I AM GRATEFUL. Thank you for that!
P.S. I did not feel this was a programming error, becuase despite me truly being a beginner programmer, I am not completely ignorant. I have written programs before using Codeblocks 8.02 and will continue to do so.
2) I was trying to tell Morten MacFly that his comment seemed unnecessary. When I asked the question "Whether Vista had a default compiler?" he replied "No" and then compared me not knowing that to cooking something without knowing the ingredients. I felt that this analogy was horribly inaccurate and even more, useless to solving my problem and it made the assumption that I was stupid.

And I'm sorry that all my post seemed to bring about hostility. Maybe it was what I said, maybe it was the way I said it. In no way did I ecxpect you all to hold my hand while I tried to figure out how to print "Hello, World" or some beginner program.  I was simply asking a troubleshooting problem on what I expected to be a troubleshooting thread where people would walk you through your issues patiently.

Maybe I was ignorant/stupid Tim S.  or maybe there was confusion

This will probably be my final post on this topic despite whatever future posts appear in this thread.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 09:44:45 am »
I felt that this analogy was horribly inaccurate and even more, useless to solving my problem and it made the assumption that I was stupid.
I was trying to help you by telling you that you'd better start off by understanding the platform you are trying to use. It was absolutely not telling that you are stupid. If you think different and believe that my comments are useless - it's fine with me. And don't worry - I won't help you in the future anymore.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ