Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Nightly builds / Re: The 15 August 2017 build (11146) is out.
« Last post by twgray on August 15, 2017, 11:47:38 pm »
Why are there no nightly builds for Ubuntu Xenial 16.04?  There are builds for the 16.10 and 17.04, but 16.04 is the LTS, and therefore the most used.  The latest build for 16.04 is 13.01 in the xenial repositories.

Unless the dist has become easier to set up for build in the last 3 years it takes some time to do, but I would be happy, once I get set up, to build nightlies for 16.04, if it is just a manpower issue.
gdb 7.6.1
i don't think this debugger is python enabled. You will need to check this. Here are some links that will help you:
C::B 16.01
gdb 7.6.1 , gcc, ... standard toolchain installed with/by C::B 16.01

btw: when C::B starts, it restore the first project in the workspace as the active prj, wichever the active proj saved was .
Plugins development / Re: Proposed patch to ScriptedWizard with Extensions by YWX
« Last post by Pecan on August 15, 2017, 09:27:17 pm »
YWX Scripted Wizard Additions applied SVN 11148.

   GetWizardScriptFolder() return last directory of script file path
   FillContainerWithSelectCompilers() using mask eg., FillContainerWithSelectCompilers("*arm*;mips*" );
   AppendContainerWithSelectCompilers() using mask.
   FillContainerWithChoices() using semi-comma separated strings, eg., FillContainerWithChoices("this;that;someother");.
   AppendContainerWithChoices() using semi-comma separated strings
As many of you may know,  8) MinGW-w64 does NOT :'( play well with codeblocks.
Nope, thats new to me. I have compiled CodeBlocks itself with various MinGW-w64 editions multiple times with out-of-the-box settings without any problems.

Maybe you just need to set the proper path to your MinGW installation in CodeBlocks? And dont put your projects inside your MinGW installation, the MinGW installer won't like these additional directories.
Help / Autosave issues
« Last post by SimpleID on August 15, 2017, 07:58:12 pm »
Hi! I have autosave enabled with 1 minute,all option boxes checked  and "Create backup and save to original file" selected. When I modify a file, a star appears next to the filename in editor tabs and "Modified" appears in status bar. When I manually save, these modification indicators disappear, which is the intended behaviour. Now my problem is that these indicators do not disappear with autosave and everytime CB lose focus and get it back, it warns me that file has been externally modified(which is not the case)and ask me to reload it. It appears CB is not aware of its own autosave.
I'm scared to turn off external modification watch option.

1-Am I wrong to think autosave should act as a manual save?
1-Is there a setting I have missed?
2-Should I file a bug report/feature request?
Thank you,

(I'm running CB in win10)
Learn to use a real Code::Blocks project is my first guess of what you are doing wrong.

Post a full build log and maybe someone can guess what you are doing wrong.

Tim S.
As many of you may know,  8) MinGW-w64 does NOT :'( play well with codeblocks. In fact, 8) MinGW-w64 has been really weird for me. It's forced me to do a lot of strange things... it won't even recognize any :o headers I place inside of the include directory. It won't even recognize  :-X LIBRARIES I put into the libraries directory. I have to put any and all :o headers and :-X libraries that didn't ship with the compiler into the same directory as my ??? source code... >:( very annoying, but I have learned to put up with it. :-\

However, I still want to use codeblocks with 8) MinGW-w64. My current solution has been to load up the cpp and c files in codeblocks, edit them there, and then to manually enter the compile command into the commandline. It works, and it works quite well. However, it is awfully tedious to have to open CMD, change directory to the 8) mingw-w64 projects folder, and paste the compile command into the command line. So... can I force the compile button in codeblocks to execute a specific line in the command prompt rather than trying to form one itself?

I would like codeblocks to run these 2 commands:
cd C:\mingw-w64\x86_64-7.1.0-posix-seh-rt_v5-rev1\mingw64\Projects_with_CodeBlocks\OpenGL
g++ -o myprogram.exe main.cpp -lmingw32 -lSDL2main -lSDL2 -lglew32s -lopengl32

Obviously, I can put them both in a batch file thus any number of lines of batch is really just one for codeblocks.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category, I did not feel like this belonged in help :P

this signature is almost as fake as cnn
Nightly builds / Re: The 15 August 2017 build (11146) is out.
« Last post by killerbot on August 15, 2017, 02:53:50 pm »
thanks, updated.
Plugins development / Re: wxSmith
« Last post by winnie on August 15, 2017, 10:46:35 am »
I'm sorry, you are right the problem was with wxSpinCtrl.

This is the code of the constructor:
Cost = new wxSpinCtrl(this, ID_SPINCTRL1, _T("1"), wxPoint(656,136), wxSize(135,27), wxALIGN_RIGHT, 1, 100, 1, _T("ID_SPINCTRL1"));

Here is the documentation:

wxSmith doesn't allow to set the style wxALIGN_RIGHT that I have inserted in the constructor by hand.
I'm sorry for the error, the first time I have used a ComboBox then I have change my mind and I have chose a SpinCtrl so the problem was with the latter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10