Author Topic: very serious error on rev 7327  (Read 9882 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
very serious error on rev 7327
« on: August 05, 2011, 12:47:42 pm »
Code
I build rev 7327 --> major feature : spellchecker plugin in linux  .

Startup CB --> message boxes coming up saying that disabling the compiler plug-in is no good idea. Duh, I didn't disable it.
Then cancel cancel, restart CB, each time immediately crash :

[code]
  <stack>
    <frame level="0"/>
    <frame level="1" function="wxStringBase::rfind(wchar_t, unsigned long) const" offset="00000021"/>
    <frame level="2" function="wxFileName::SplitPath(wxString const&amp;, wxString*, wxString*, wxString*, wxString*, bool*, wxPathFormat)" offset="00000073"/>
    <frame level="3" function="wxFileName::Assign(wxString const&amp;, wxPathFormat)" offset="00000078"/>
    <frame level="4" function="EditorManager::AddEditorBase(EditorBase*)" offset="00000098"/>
    <frame level="5" function="EditorBase::EditorBase(wxWindow*, wxString const&amp;)" offset="0000018f"/>
    <frame level="6" function="StartHerePage::StartHerePage(wxEvtHandler*, wxWindow*)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="7" function="MainFrame::ShowHideStartPage(bool)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="8" function="MainFrame::MainFrame(wxWindow*)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="9" function="CodeBlocksApp::InitFrame()" offset="00000000"/>
  </stack>

or

Code
  <stack>
    <frame level="0"/>
    <frame level="1" function="wxMBConv::FromWChar(char*, unsigned long, wchar_t const*, unsigned long) const" offset="000000e0"/>
    <frame level="2" function="wxMBConv::cWC2MB(wchar_t const*, unsigned long, unsigned long*) const" offset="00000046"/>
    <frame level="3" function="wxString::mb_str(wxMBConv const&amp;) const" offset="0000001d"/>
    <frame level="4" function="cbU2C(wxString const&amp;)" offset="00000013"/>
    <frame level="5" function="realpath(wxString const&amp;)" offset="00000044"/>
    <frame level="6" function="EditorManager::IsOpen(wxString const&amp;)" offset="00000023"/>
    <frame level="7" function="MainFrame::ShowHideStartPage(bool)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="8" function="MainFrame::MainFrame(wxWindow*)" offset="00000000"/>
    <frame level="9" function="CodeBlocksApp::InitFrame()" offset="00000000"/>
  </stack>

Gonna do a make + make clean, to see if this helps.[/code]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:31:11 pm by killerbot »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: very serious error on rev 7327
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:30:46 pm »
make clean && make --> works again, but all toolbars gone, had to bring all of them back manually.
So something really weird did occur ....

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 01:38:28 pm »
Nothing like this here.
The toolbar-issue sounds a little bit like a corrupted default.conf, maybe due to the former crashes.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:06:00 pm »
make clean && make --> works again, but all toolbars gone, had to bring all of them back manually.
So something really weird did occur ....
...reset the layout?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 06:48:17 pm »
all toolbars gone, had to bring all of them back manually
That is a "feature" that I've observed a few times already, it seems to be associated with clicking somewhere on the tab bar more than once. Or something.

Apparently someone thought that it would be a "cool feature" to have Code::Blocks switch to "compact mode" then. At least that's what happens regularly with my 3-4 month old build.

In the same way, someone apparently deemed it a good idea too secretly move the keyboard focus elsewhere if the mouse is over any other pane than the editor. Having the result that if you move the mouse out of the way, you can't type...
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 07:21:22 pm »
all toolbars gone, had to bring all of them back manually
That is a "feature" that I've observed a few times already, it seems to be associated with clicking somewhere on the tab bar more than once. Or something.

Apparently someone thought that it would be a "cool feature" to have Code::Blocks switch to "compact mode" then. At least that's what happens regularly with my 3-4 month old build.
This happens if you doubleclick on an editor tab with the left mouse-button.
Doubleclicking again switches back to the former perspective.
The minimized perspective can be configured as all other perspectives, too.
It's a feature I use a lot, especially if I work on two (or more) files at the same time and need the whole width of my monitor (even if it is 1920x1600).

In the same way, someone apparently deemed it a good idea too secretly move the keyboard focus elsewhere if the mouse is over any other pane than the editor. Having the result that if you move the mouse out of the way, you can't type...
This can happen on windows, if you hover the mouse over a tab (only way to fetch the mouse-wheel event on windows), if you leave the tab the former focuse should be restored.
... or if you use the dragscroll-plugin and have "Focus follows mouse" (or something like this) switched on.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 09:00:22 pm »
It's a feature I use a lot, especially if I work on two (or more) files at the same time and need the whole width of my monitor (even if it is 1920x1600).
I find this feature very useful, too. Indeed.

This can happen on windows, if you hover the mouse over a tab (only way to fetch the mouse-wheel event on windows), if you leave the tab the former focus should be restored.
On Windows, this can be really annoying, indeed. It happened to me several times that when moving the mouse out of the way I typed to nowhere. However, Thomas: you can easily switch that feature off and everything is back to normal. So nothing to worry about. The only thing is, that on Windows, IMHO this feature should be disabled by default. (Settings -> Environment -> Notebook appearance -> Disable "Enable scrolling on mousewheel".)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 09:16:41 pm »
I find this feature very useful, too. Indeed.

This can happen on windows, if you hover the mouse over a tab (only way to fetch the mouse-wheel event on windows), if you leave the tab the former focus should be restored.
On Windows, this can be really annoying, indeed. It happened to me several times that when moving the mouse out of the way I typed to nowhere. However, Thomas: you can easily switch that feature off and everything is back to normal. So nothing to worry about. The only thing is, that on Windows, IMHO this feature should be disabled by default. (Settings -> Environment -> Notebook appearance -> Disable "Enable scrolling on mousewheel".)
This does not work (as far as I know), because the focus is always switched to the notebook on windows (if the mouse is over it).
But this can be changed (hopefully easy), I will see what I can do.
I will also change the default to disabled.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 04:50:14 pm »
@MortenMacFly and other windows users (and self-compilers)
Can you please test this patch:
Code
Index: src/sdk/cbauibook.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/sdk/cbauibook.cpp       (Revision 7328)
+++ src/sdk/cbauibook.cpp       (Arbeitskopie)
@@ -320,7 +320,8 @@
         {
             nb->m_OverTabCtrl = true;
 #ifdef __WXMSW__
-            if (   (nb->m_pToolTip == nullptr)
+            if (   s_AllowMousewheel
+                && (nb->m_pToolTip == nullptr)
                 && (nb->m_LastSelected == wxNOT_FOUND)
                 && (nb->m_LastId == 0) )
             {
With this patch the focus should only be set to the tabs if scrolling with the mousewheel is allowed.
I can not test it at the moment, because either my virtual win7 machine (or the image) is damaged or my working copy of C::B has a problem there.
I will check it tomorrow.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 11:22:44 am »
I can not test it at the moment, because either my virtual win7 machine (or the image) is damaged or my working copy of C::B has a problem there.
Tested and committed.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 11:29:29 am »
Tested and committed.
I tested in the meanwhile, too. Looks good.