Author Topic: Keyboard macros  (Read 32175 times)

Offline jackhab

• Multiple posting newcomer
Keyboard macros
« on: January 22, 2009, 04:15:56 pm »
Is there any way to create keyboard macros in CB? The KeyMacs plug-in mentioned here and there on the forum is not available for download.

lgtnt

Re: Keyboard macros
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:57:15 pm »
Is there any way to create keyboard macros in CB? The KeyMacs plug-in mentioned here and there on the forum is not available for download.
I want to know this also

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:24:44 pm »

Check on this plug-in during installation, it is off by default.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline jackhab

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 01:21:53 pm »

Check on this plug-in during installation, it is off by default.

Sorry, it is not. I check in both 8.02 and SVN-5394 versions.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:55 am »
Sorry, it is not. I check in both 8.02 and SVN-5394 versions.
You might want to compile C::B yourself - then you have the ultimate control about what you need/compile.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline vix

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 01:19:46 pm »
You might want to compile C::B yourself - then you have the ultimate control about what you need/compile.

If there aren't particular problems, I think that including the KeyMacs plugin into the default Nightly builds would be helpful....
Anyway you can leave it disabled by default, but it'd be easy enabling it

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 02:43:55 pm »
The KeyMacs plugin is not a part of CB. Compiling CB will not produce it for you.

It has not been updated or available for more than a year. It was never a part of the CB contrib plugins. It was offered but never accepted.

When it was made public, it was downloaded all of three times. Therefore not worth the high maintenance time to keep it current with CB changes.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:53 am »
When it was made public, it was downloaded all of three times.
Hehe - one was me then. I don't maintain it - but my copy is still working with the up-to-date C::B.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline vix

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 01:31:10 pm »
Hehe - one was me then. I don't maintain it - but my copy is still working with the up-to-date C::B.

Another one was me... and in the past (on my old PC) I was able to use it inside C::B
But now with the last Nightly Builds and my new PC the entry Plugins --> Key Macro has disappeared!!!
I simply copied the KeyMacs.dll to /share/codeblocks/plugins/ folder, and KeyMacs.zip to /share/codeblocks/ as I did in the past....
Is there something I missed?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 01:43:40 pm »

vix:

The plugin most probably needs to be re-compiled against the nightly dll so that it's symbols and addresses corellate with the nightly .dll or .so

Offline vix

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 08:37:19 am »
The plugin most probably needs to be re-compiled against the nightly dll so that it's symbols and addresses corellate with the nightly .dll or .so

I opened the KeyMacs.cbp file (from KeyMacs 3.15.3) and simply press Build from my Nightly Build C::B
But I have a lot of error messages:
- sdk.h: No such file or directory
- configurationpanel.h: No such file or directory
Should I have also C::B source files on my PC to successfully recompile this plugin?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 11:27:53 am »
Should I have also C::B source files on my PC to successfully recompile this plugin?

Yes !

Offline vix

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 01:37:28 pm »
Insert Quote
Quote from: vix on Today at 08:37:19 am

Yes !

I tried downloading C::B source files and wxWidgets headers, but I didn't manage to recompile the plugin without errors  :x
Could MortenMacFly send me a compiled copy of the plugin working with the last C:B NB?

Thanks

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 01:44:27 pm »
I tried downloading C::B source files and wxWidgets headers, but I didn't manage to recompile the plugin without errors  :x

You should in this case build C::B yourself (the actual trunk is not the same as used for the nightlies) and wxWidgets-headers are not enough, you also need the lib(s) to link against.

Did you read the Nighly Cookbook?
It tells you what you need to build C::B from source.

Offline vix

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 08:17:48 am »
I successfully built C::B and the plugins in the contrib directory by myself.
Then I added the KeyMacs project (sources of the version 3.15.3 that is the last one I downloaded some months ago), and I had to do this changes to recompile it
- replace GetAppWindow() with GetAppFrame() in KeyMacs.cpp (I found this suggestion in the C::B forum)
- in the Build options... -> Search directories replace $(#cb)\sdk\wxscintilla\include with $(#cb.include)\wxscintilla\include
but I noticed that the Build command created a dll of 6870kB (the one shipped with the sources is 468kB

Is there something wrong?