Author Topic: Toolbars pushed away from the C::B window cannot be recovered (easily)  (Read 13983 times)

Offline JMP

• Multiple posting newcomer
By drag'n'drop a toolbar in the middle of the toolbars docking area, the existing toolbars on the right are shifted away, creating space for the new toolbar to dock. It may happen that the rightmost toolbar goes out of view and then it cannot be brought back to view. It is ticked off in the toolbars menu but it cannot be used unless the layout is deleted.
A better behaviour would be if the toolbars were filling the empty spaces when a toolbar is undocked.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Toolbars pushed away from the C::B window cannot be recovered (easily)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:47:42 pm »
By drag'n'drop a toolbar in the middle of the toolbars docking area, the existing toolbars on the right are shifted away, creating space for the new toolbar to dock. It may happen that the rightmost toolbar goes out of view and then it cannot be brought back to view. It is ticked off in the toolbars menu but it cannot be used unless the layout is deleted.
A better behaviour would be if the toolbars were filling the empty spaces when a toolbar is undocked.

Once I read your post, I don't think it is a problem, but when I'm testing now, I think it is really a problem. See the image below, when I drag the "Toolbar A"  to the position before "Toolbar B", then the "Toolbar B " will move behind A in the same line, since A is too long, then B disappears. Even though I removed A, B is still out of view.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:49:38 pm by ollydbg »
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:55:40 pm »
Just a workaround, not a real solution:

switch to another layout from "View -> Layouts" and answer the question whether the changed layout should be saved or not with "no".
Then switch back.

If you don't get the dialog, it means you have either saved the wrong layout manually (what you should not do of course) or you told the dialog not to annoy you any more sometimes before.
If that's the case you can restore it in "Settings -> Environment -> Disabled dialogs".

Offline JMP

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:09:45 pm »
If it happen that you saved the wrong layout overwriting the code::blocks default, you can still recover it by deleting the current layout. Then C::B offers a new default containing all the toolbars, you have just to hide the unwanted ones and re-arrange everything you need.

Thank you