Author Topic: closing wxWidgets bug  (Read 3082 times)

Offline flammamancer

• Single posting newcomer
closing wxWidgets bug
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:49:38 pm »
I was messing around with wxWidgets but after I closed the project it must have somehow messed up the programs configuration because now when I try to open up another project(whether a Win32 or another wxWidgets) the file tree is frozen in the wxWidgets mode and will not allow me to see or open any files.
I tried unintstalling codeblocks and then reinstalling it but even though it removes the directory (I even tried restarting my computer after uninstall) which should in theory remove all previous configurations but after a fresh install I find that all of my previous configurations are still there including the links to my old projects, compiler options and yes of course that wxWidgets bug where I cannot open a project without the wxWidgets tree being frozen.

So how do I do an uninstall and remove all previous configurations so I can reinstall as if I were installing codeblocks for the first time?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: closing wxWidgets bug
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:59:33 pm »
So how do I do an uninstall and remove all previous configurations so I can reinstall as if I were installing codeblocks for the first time?
Although this has been asked a million times in the forums and you are obviously unable to use a search functionality:
The settings are stored on different places according to the platform you are using C::B on (which you did not mention, too).
On Windows XP it is:
C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR_USER_NAME]\Application Data\codeblocks
On any other platform like Windows Vista, Linux etc. it's different. Ask again giving more details in that case.
You can remove the whole directory if you like.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ