Author Topic: Possible bug  (Read 8602 times)

Offline Raziel

• Single posting newcomer
Possible bug
« on: October 18, 2008, 01:28:34 pm »
I'm new to C::B, so I might be wrong but...
So when I compile even the template code and run it on another PC(not on the one I've compiled the code) it terminates immediately , after some more testing i found out that the *.EXEs compiled on a PC with newer CPU don't execute on PCs with older CPU. I've tried to change the CPU architecture settings but this didn't change the things. How can I solve this Problem?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Possible bug
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 03:59:55 pm »
A little more information might help.

Which OS, C::B version, compiler (version), wizard, CPU (if that's really the problem) do you use ?

Offline Wolf

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:10:56 am »
Which OS, C::B version, compiler (version), wizard, CPU (if that's really the problem) do you use ?
The bogus code would help too, so we can try to reproduce the behavior. It will also allow us to know if the problem is from the code or the compiler.

The problem is most likely not originating from Code::Blocks, but who knows?

So we need:
Host OS (on which you compile the code)
Host CPU (architecture, x86? IA64? AMD64? ARM?...)
Target OS (on which you run the code)
Target CPU
Compiler Name
Compile Version
Code::Blocks Version

As you wrote that they are *.EXEs, I am assuming that you are on Windows. Since you did not provide the version of Code::Blocks, I am assuming you used the latest release 8.02 with MinGW and gcc. Therefore, do not forget that some functions on more recent versions of Windows might not have the same effect on earlier versions under some circumstances, or may not even be available. See MSDN for more information about the different versions of the Windows API. The "Remarks" section usually describes those differences, and at the bottom of the pages is mentioned on which version it is available.

Offline Raziel

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 12:30:14 pm »
Thanks for the help but I've handled. I've done a mistake setting the compiler settings.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:38:25 pm by Raziel »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:36:37 pm »
Thanks for the help but I've handled.
I think it would be nice to share your solution, so that other users, that have the same problem can handle it also.