Author Topic: How to add a folder of library for CodeBlock ?  (Read 75558 times)

Offline WILL

• Multiple posting newcomer
How to add a folder of library for CodeBlock ?
« on: October 14, 2008, 07:02:50 am »
Yesterday, my thread was locked and I don't know really why ? Yes it's not CB issue but at least you guys should give me some hints because I'm a newbie. That's was so meant to me. But it's fine. Now I just want to know how could I add a specific folder of library to link boost lib that I installed. Could someone help me out ? Thanks a lot !

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: How to add a folder of library for CodeBlock ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:49:32 am »
Now I just want to know how could I add a specific folder of library to link boost lib that I installed.
Menu "Project" -> "Build Options"
1.) -> Tab "Search directories"
-> Sub-Tab "Compiler": Enter the compiler include path's here.
-> Sub-Tab "Linker": Enter the linker include path's here.
2.) -> Tab "Linker settings"
-> Add the boost library to the "Link libraries".

Please be more precise. What's the actual problem? What compiler/linker error do you see? Do you use a project at all...?!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline WILL

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:11:25 am »
- Sorry for late reply, I got hardware problem lately so that I have to reinstall my Ubuntu. I will post all the messages error when linking boost soon ! Thanks a lot for your reply.
- I got another problem with Code::Block under Ubuntu 8.10( the one just released ) :
When I open CB at the first time, it worked pretty fine. But when I closed it and reopened it, it always gave me the error messages "Another program instance is already running"....And of course, I didn't open anything. And even under the tab "environment setting" I already unchecked the "Allow only one...", it still gave me this error ?
I don't want to restart every time I need CB right ? Could you help me out ? I think maybe I did something wrong with the setting :( !
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:16:14 am by WILL »

Offline WILL

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:02:44 am »
Got it fixed ! Thanks guys :D !