Author Topic: The 12 October 2008 build (5268) is out.  (Read 39889 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 12 October 2008 build (5268) is out.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 11:35:15 am »
I think it may be the VC6 stuff. :wink:
Can you do me a favour? As I don't have VC I need some help.
What happens if you enter the same commands (separated mixed with a TAB and a linefeed) in a VC >6 (!), meaning VC2003/2005/2008 project? Does it still work? Do they all support TAB as a command separator? Probably you have to edit the project files manually to be able to test it.

In the meantime I'll test with with the NetHacks project and an importer supporting TABS, too.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline courage

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 01:03:46 am »
Can you do me a favour? As I don't have VC I need some help.
What happens if you enter the same commands (separated mixed with a TAB and a linefeed) in a VC >6 (!), meaning VC2003/2005/2008 project? Does it still work? Do they all support TAB as a command separator? Probably you have to edit the project files manually to be able to test it.

I feel so sorry that I can't test VC2003/2005/2008.. :oops:
I also hope someone can help.

In the meantime I'll test with with the NetHacks project and an importer supporting TABS, too.

Thanks Morten, thanks.  :D

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:37:23 pm »
Build for Ubuntu i386/amd64 can be found here

Best regards, pasgui

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:44:15 am »
In case you missed it: It's in SVN now. The next nightly should work for you.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline Wahooney

• Demon Onion Slayer
    • wahooney.net
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:41 am »
The HTML/PHP parser still bugs out when you make a selection. Is anyone on this?
Fabricati Diem, Celerata!

Offline courage

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 10:31:42 am »

Offline courage

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 02:22:51 pm »

Hello, Morten:

I have tested svn5273. My compiling environment is GCC4.3.2(MingW), wxWidgets2.8.8.

It has some problems when building NetHack3.4.3:
1. After importing the last project, there is an error message "Failed to import *any* projects from workspace file" showed.

2. After building makedefs project singly, there is an error message below:
Code
Running target post-build steps
echo chdir ..\util
Execution of 'echo chdir ..\util' in 'C:\nethack-3.4.3\build' failed.
Nothing to be done.

3. I found the dependancy still not to be imported. Is it not Morten's domain?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:50 pm »
1. After importing the last project, there is an error message "Failed to import *any* projects from workspace file" showed.
That is correct. The reason is that the VC6 workspace file points to project files in a "build" folder which is simply not present. So this VC6 workspace file is simply incorrect. I just added this as a message box with the last commit. Hence the VC6 project files for itself work. If you want the VC6 workspace file to work complain to the NetHacks guys or edit/adopt it manually by fixing the path entries.

Code
Running target post-build steps
echo chdir ..\util
Execution of 'echo chdir ..\util' in 'C:\nethack-3.4.3\build' failed.
Nothing to be done.
That works well for me. I don't know why it does not work for you. But anyways: This is an echo command so just remove it from the post-build steps and you are done.

3. I found the dependancy still not to be imported. Is it not Morten's domain?
It cannot be imported as the VC6 workspace file is broken (see above). If you fix this, that one will work, too. ;-)

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:36 pm »
Hi, after a lot of time (and some nightlies) without using code completion with wxwidgets due to its problems in linux, I give it a new try with this nightly (well, 5269 from jens' repository) and I've found that it works well, not perfetly, but much better than before.

I don't see nothing about it in the latest nightly threads, but it is still posible that it has been improved. Can anyone confirm this?

If not, this are other possible causes that can help other people with this problem:

-wxWidgets changed from 2.8.7 to 2.9.0svn
-instead of adding wxWidgets include path in Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Search directories, I add it in project C/C++ parser options

My system: Trisquel 2.0 (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS based)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 04:53:01 pm »
When building a new version from svn, on Windows XP, I have, sometimes problems when I generate C::B. Generally compilation stops on some headers, declared as not found. Sometimes it's at the beginning of compilation, sometimes later. When it's happens, I simply generate again, and the error disappear. It looks as if, sometimes, the definition of a global variables is lost, though they are defined correctly. Headers not found are generally something like wx/xxxx.h and generally too, the first header of a list (for example wx/file.h if the error is in something like tinywxuni.cpp). I think that one time I have seen something like sdk/xxxx.h, probably more related to the cb global variable.
I can' remember when this appeared for the first time.
Does anybody has the same problem, finally not very important because the 2nd "generate" continues and finishes the work, but ....

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 01:28:04 am »
@gd_on have you tried to delete the precompiled headers before recompiling C::B.
On windows it is normally *.gch files that need deleted.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org