Author Topic: The 12 October 2008 build (5268) is out.  (Read 39893 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 12 October 2008 build (5268) is out.
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:17:05 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx288.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 12 October 2008 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20081012_rev5268_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• fixed crash-candidates: conversion to multibyte-string fails in some rare cases and crashes C::B if result is passed to c/c++-functions
  • fixed bug in tokenizer related to function arguments with nested c-style comments
  • wxSmith: updated wxPropGrid from 1.2.10 to 1.2.12 (for wx28 compatibility)
  • pending breakpoints can now be removed after starting debug-session
  • fixed an issue that causes progressbar to stay always on top when adding files in linux via projects context menu
  • fixed a problem with accessing infopanes correctly after moving or toggling them
  • HexEditor: Added editor for stored expressions
  • wxSmith:
    * Added missing size events to some base items (not all items updated)
    * Added "Advanced" category on the palette - it will be used for more complex items available inside wxWidgets
    * Added following items provided by rcoll:
    - wxSingleInstanceChecker
    - wxSashWindow
    - wxSashLayoutWindow
    - wxStopWatch
    - wxSymbolPickerDlg
    - wxGLCanvas (not yet enabled since it causes stability problems on gtk)
  • HexEditor (expressions):
    * Switched memory accessing operator from "<dataType>( <offset> )" to "<dataType>[ <offset> ]"
    * added alternative to '@' as a string 'cur'
  • wxSmith: Updated (added) missing events to wxCheckListBox (derived from wxListBox)
  • fixed a problem when disabling a plugin that uses two infopanes, at least one of them was not deleted, also fixing a wxFlatNotebook bug, if the last two notebooks get deleted and the last had the focus before
  • Valgrind plugin: fixed a crash, when plugin was disabled
  • update.bat: supress warnings about non-existing files, if UI resources are compressed the first time
  • Removed: Unnecessary files from wxPropertyGrid. Please do not put them in C::B repository
  • ThreadSearch plugin: fixed a bug that causes a crash on linux (maybe also on win), when ThreadSearch uses Messages notebook and was toggled off and then on again
  • Added "--file=foo.cpp[:line]" option so a file can be opened and, optionally, jump to a specific line
  • wxSmith: Fixed bug in font property generating wrong code when relative size was used
  • Patch #2570 to fix bug #10775, "GotoLine()" now works correctly, even if parts of the code are folded. Thanks to XayC
  • wxSmith:
    * Enabled wxGLCanvas (setting custom context not available yet)
    * Changed some code to use same naming convention
  • pumped wxScintilla component to v1.71.1, pumped scintilla component to v1.7.6
  • Fixes to make new Scintilla test-branch build on Linux (with cbp and autotools) and to remove some warnings
  • todo list plugin: made todo types configurable
  • Patch for (wx)scintilla to have more colourful highlight-capabilities with indicators, patch for Highlight occurences to use this
  • Adding incremental search as contrib-plugin
  • several updates and fixes on the initial IncrementalSearch

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
Re: The 12 October 2008 build (5268) is out.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:51:20 pm »
Would be grate to have some updater plugin in code blocks.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:07:22 pm »
Strangely, the corrections I proposed to be able to translate the menu File/Import project does not seem to work on your 5268 version, thought, I verified, it has been applied in svn, and it works on my own build (5269), correctly updated from svn !
Others corrections works as in my previous builds.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline SR

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:08:20 pm »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:36:23 pm »
Sources (tar-ball) and binaries for debian (32- and 64-bit) can be found in my repo: http://apt.jenslody.de/ .
I have svn r5269 uploaded to my server (the only difference to r5268 are some cosmetical changes for "Incremental search" conf-dialog).

Starting with this revision the binaries on my server are linked against wxWidgets 2.8.9.
Please upgrade your installation.

Offline courage

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 04:25:04 am »
I want Code::Blocks to import Visual C++ workspace and projects correctly. Please...  :oops:

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 07:34:23 am »
I want Code::Blocks to import Visual C++ workspace and projects correctly. Please...  :oops:
can you give test examples of where it goes wrong ?

Offline courage

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 10:34:31 am »
can you give test examples of where it goes wrong ?

Thanks for killerbot's concerning.  :)

I had posted the first help topic "here" and Morten had kindly done a patch into svn5208 built. After testing svn5208, I found it also can't import Visual C++ workspace and projects correctly. I had "replied" in the svn5208 topic.

I thought the problems are that Code::Blocks may not handle the dependency of each other projects correctly when importing VC6 workspace, and does not import the pre/post commands correctly.

[For the problem of  dependency]
For NetHack3.4.3, after doing the setup before compiling, we should import the nethack.dsw VC6 workspace file. After importing finished, I found Code::Blocks did not handle the dependency. I think it is easy to see.

[For the problem of  pre/post commands]
Morten did a patch to import post commands, but it still can't work correctly. I guess the "TAB character" of the post build commands in VC6 project files means "new line".

for example, there is the post commands in "makedefs.cbp" imported form VC6 project file of makedefs:
Code
echo chdir ..\util	chdir ..\util	chdir
echo makedefs.exe -v makedefs.exe -v
echo makedefs.exe -o makedefs.exe  -o
echo makedefs.exe -p makedefs.exe -p
the first line "echo chdir ..\util   chdir ..\util   chdir" should be(or mean) the three commands: "echo chdir ..\util", "chdir ..\util" and "chdir".

In the "makedefs.dsp" file(VC6 Project), this single line of three commands is split by TAB characters.
Equally, the line "echo makedefs.exe -v   makedefs.exe -v" should be(or mean) the two commands: "echo makedefs.exe -v" and "makedefs.exe -v".

Finally, I am afraid my poor English ability will make you confused.  :oops:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:17:59 pm by courage »

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 01:01:15 pm »
Ubuntu 7.04 to 8.04 Amd64 tar.gz archive (containing '.deb' installers builds with wx288) can be found here.
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline Etienne

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 02:39:49 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for this build, its add a lots of features I was waiting for (breakpoints, more wxsmith...).

However, there is the same build bug as before  :( :
"I can confirm this, and Morton also suffers from this.
 It seems to happen when there are errors during the compilation step."
 (from svn_5206)

When building with building  errors (specially templates), its crash sometimes, or exit immediately , if the build is retryed , its works.

About this, would it be possible to save the .wxs and .cbp files before building? (they are not saved, even if they are included with the project), because if its crash without saving, wxsmith is in a strange state with this files.

Thanks and see you.

Etienne de Foras

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 05:13:37 pm »
Morten did a patch to import post commands, but it still can't work correctly.
I guess the "TAB character" of the post build commands in VC6 project files means "new line".
How weird. You mean a new command can either be after a TAB or after a new line? Well in that case I did it incorrect, indeed.

But is that always true, or just for the NetHacks stuff??? This sounds really strange to me. Because a TAB in a shell on Windows does *not* mean a new command...?!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 05:24:41 pm »
 (from svn_5206)
We are at it... probably Jens just found the reason... be patient.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline courage

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 04:10:35 am »
But is that always true, or just for the NetHacks stuff??? This sounds really strange to me. Because a TAB in a shell on Windows does *not* mean a new command...?!

Hello, Morten:

I think it may be the VC6 stuff. :wink:

You can Google the keyword "PostBuild_Cmds" to observe it. It would be very easy to see that if TAB does not mean a "new line" or a "new command", those commands will be nonsense. In Windows Shell, TAB does not mean a new line absolutely, but I think TAB is a special character could be the rule only in VC6(or VC series is).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 04:17:09 am by courage »

Offline hangl

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 06:19:32 am »

confirm this!

Hello,

Thanks for this build, its add a lots of features I was waiting for (breakpoints, more wxsmith...).

However, there is the same build bug as before  :( :
 (from svn_5206)

When building with building  errors (specially templates), its crash sometimes, or exit immediately , if the build is retryed , its works.

About this, would it be possible to save the .wxs and .cbp files before building? (they are not saved, even if they are included with the project), because if its crash without saving, wxsmith is in a strange state with this files.

Thanks and see you.

Etienne de Foras

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 10:51:52 am »

I had the same problem with codeblocks linked against wxWidgets 2.8.9.
I changed back to 2.8.7 and have not noticed this behavior anymore.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 11:35:15 am »
I think it may be the VC6 stuff. :wink:
Can you do me a favour? As I don't have VC I need some help.
What happens if you enter the same commands (separated mixed with a TAB and a linefeed) in a VC >6 (!), meaning VC2003/2005/2008 project? Does it still work? Do they all support TAB as a command separator? Probably you have to edit the project files manually to be able to test it.

In the meantime I'll test with with the NetHacks project and an importer supporting TABS, too.

Offline courage

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 01:03:46 am »
Can you do me a favour? As I don't have VC I need some help.
What happens if you enter the same commands (separated mixed with a TAB and a linefeed) in a VC >6 (!), meaning VC2003/2005/2008 project? Does it still work? Do they all support TAB as a command separator? Probably you have to edit the project files manually to be able to test it.

I feel so sorry that I can't test VC2003/2005/2008.. :oops:
I also hope someone can help.

In the meantime I'll test with with the NetHacks project and an importer supporting TABS, too.

Thanks Morten, thanks.  :D

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:37:23 pm »
Build for Ubuntu i386/amd64 can be found here

Best regards, pasgui

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:44:15 am »
In case you missed it: It's in SVN now. The next nightly should work for you.

Offline Wahooney

• Demon Onion Slayer
    • wahooney.net
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:41 am »
The HTML/PHP parser still bugs out when you make a selection. Is anyone on this?
Fabricati Diem, Celerata!

Offline courage

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 10:31:42 am »

Offline courage

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 02:22:51 pm »

Hello, Morten:

I have tested svn5273. My compiling environment is GCC4.3.2(MingW), wxWidgets2.8.8.

It has some problems when building NetHack3.4.3:
1. After importing the last project, there is an error message "Failed to import *any* projects from workspace file" showed.

2. After building makedefs project singly, there is an error message below:
Code
Running target post-build steps
echo chdir ..\util
Execution of 'echo chdir ..\util' in 'C:\nethack-3.4.3\build' failed.
Nothing to be done.

3. I found the dependancy still not to be imported. Is it not Morten's domain?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:50 pm »
1. After importing the last project, there is an error message "Failed to import *any* projects from workspace file" showed.
That is correct. The reason is that the VC6 workspace file points to project files in a "build" folder which is simply not present. So this VC6 workspace file is simply incorrect. I just added this as a message box with the last commit. Hence the VC6 project files for itself work. If you want the VC6 workspace file to work complain to the NetHacks guys or edit/adopt it manually by fixing the path entries.

Code
Running target post-build steps
echo chdir ..\util
Execution of 'echo chdir ..\util' in 'C:\nethack-3.4.3\build' failed.
Nothing to be done.
That works well for me. I don't know why it does not work for you. But anyways: This is an echo command so just remove it from the post-build steps and you are done.

3. I found the dependancy still not to be imported. Is it not Morten's domain?
It cannot be imported as the VC6 workspace file is broken (see above). If you fix this, that one will work, too. ;-)

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:36 pm »
Hi, after a lot of time (and some nightlies) without using code completion with wxwidgets due to its problems in linux, I give it a new try with this nightly (well, 5269 from jens' repository) and I've found that it works well, not perfetly, but much better than before.

I don't see nothing about it in the latest nightly threads, but it is still posible that it has been improved. Can anyone confirm this?

If not, this are other possible causes that can help other people with this problem:

-wxWidgets changed from 2.8.7 to 2.9.0svn
-instead of adding wxWidgets include path in Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Search directories, I add it in project C/C++ parser options

My system: Trisquel 2.0 (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS based)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 04:53:01 pm »
When building a new version from svn, on Windows XP, I have, sometimes problems when I generate C::B. Generally compilation stops on some headers, declared as not found. Sometimes it's at the beginning of compilation, sometimes later. When it's happens, I simply generate again, and the error disappear. It looks as if, sometimes, the definition of a global variables is lost, though they are defined correctly. Headers not found are generally something like wx/xxxx.h and generally too, the first header of a list (for example wx/file.h if the error is in something like tinywxuni.cpp). I think that one time I have seen something like sdk/xxxx.h, probably more related to the cb global variable.
I can' remember when this appeared for the first time.
Does anybody has the same problem, finally not very important because the 2nd "generate" continues and finishes the work, but ....

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 01:28:04 am »
@gd_on have you tried to delete the precompiled headers before recompiling C::B.
On windows it is normally *.gch files that need deleted.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org