Author Topic: Problems compiling wxWidgets sample 'treectrl'  (Read 4942 times)

GeertVc

Problems compiling wxWidgets sample 'treectrl'
« on: September 18, 2005, 02:07:29 pm »
Hi,

Just started using C::B.

I'm using the VC++2k3 compiler, followed the installation of the SDK and installed C::B.

As a first exercise, I created the simple HelloWorld app, to see if everything regarding the compiler was installed correctly.

Later on, I wanted to compile the treectrl sample, which is part of the wxWidgets 2.6.1 installation packet.

Compilation goes on for a while, but all of a sudden I get an error message, telling me the system can't find the file 'wx/version.h'.

However, I've added the complete path (in my case: 'D:\WinApps\Programming\wxWidgets\wxwidgets261\include\') to all three tabs of the section 'Settings | Compiler | Directories'

The error  I get is the following:

Code
..\..\src\msw\version.rc:12:24: wx/version.h: No such file or directory
windres.exe: ..\\..\\src\\msw\\version.rc:38: syntax error
Process terminated with status 1 (2 minutes, 37 seconds)

What could I possibly do wrong?

Best rgds
--Geert

GeertVc

Re: Problems compiling wxWidgets sample 'treectrl'
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 03:56:09 pm »
Code
..\..\src\msw\version.rc:12:24: wx/version.h: No such file or directory
windres.exe: ..\\..\\src\\msw\\version.rc:38: syntax error
Process terminated with status 1 (2 minutes, 37 seconds)

What could I possibly do wrong?

Only when I literally add the full path in the file 'version.rc', my compilation gets through.  But I should not be obliged to do this, since I'm indicating the include directory of wxWidgets into the project directory, right?

Anyone any idea?

Best rgds,

--Geert

grv575

Re: Problems compiling wxWidgets sample 'treectrl'
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 06:45:05 pm »
settings->compiler->directories are the directories searched for compilers, resource editors, linkers, etc.

you want to add include paths.  see
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.1_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29#Building_wxWidgets_2.6.1_mingw32_.26_vc.2B.2B_toolkit_2003
for a walkthrough to setup wxWidgets with CodeBlocks and compile a sample application.