Author Topic: The 26 August 2008 build (5195) is out.  (Read 69104 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 26 August 2008 build (5195) is out.
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:54:26 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx288.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 26 August 2008 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20080826_rev5195_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• added logrotate-style backups to autosave
  • Hopefully fixed dde-issue when double-clicking on associated files in explorer on XP and CodeBlocks is not yet running

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

Offline Acki

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 26 August 2008 build (5195) is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:35:43 pm »
Hopefully fixed dde-issue when double-clicking on associated files in explorer on XP and CodeBlocks is not yet running
yes, seems to be fixed now !!! :)
I removed all file associations and set them new by C::B...
and no problems so far... ;)

thx

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 12:53:38 am »
Just uploaded binary packages for debian and sources to my server.

Important notice (please read carefully):
Starting with r5177 I changed the package- and directory-structure of my Code::Blocks build to make it more debian-compliant.
I also split off the architecture-independent files from the codeblocks-package and put them into codeblocks-common.
The architecture-dependent libraries, that are parts of the contrib-plugins are now in "/usr/lib/codeblocks" and only the architecture-independent parts remain in "/usr/share/codeblocks".
The changes are based on a patch provided by "daniel2000".
More details can be found here.
I posted a patch in this thread. I modified this patch for the nightlies, to make lintian run without errors.

Offline Belgabor

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:46:04 am »
Could you/someone please provide a nightly (for Win) with debugging symbols? I suspect that one of my crashes has something to do with header parsing as it usually happens if I save a header file shortly after starting CB. I was able to somewhat reproduce it.

ftfish

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:58:51 am »
still the "run to cursor" problem as the previous version.
"At D:/Prog/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/iostream:77"

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:15:53 pm »
Hopefully fixed dde-issue when double-clicking on associated files in explorer on XP and CodeBlocks is not yet running
yes, seems to be fixed now !!! :)
Yes, awesome fix, now it doesn't work here any more.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:41:14 pm »
Ah well, at least it works again after deleting everything and re-installing. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 01:17:36 pm »
Ah well, at least it works again after deleting everything and re-installing. :)

If the filetype-associations are not changed it should work as before (only without the error message).
If it does not, resetting the associations as Acki did should be enough.

The only thing I could not test is the behaviour under Vista (and on 64-bit windows).

Offline Wahooney

• Demon Onion Slayer
    • wahooney.net
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 02:45:28 pm »
There is still a bug when using the HTML/PHP/ASP/JS highlighting, where if you make a selection all the highlighting goes to hell.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fabricati Diem, Celerata!

Offline SR

• My blog
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 04:34:42 pm »
Build for Slackware 12.1 updated:
http://sr.uz/index.php/packages/?p=127&more=1&c=1

jugg

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 06:44:31 pm »

I recently started using your builds under Ubuntu, and the Update Manager today is showing your packages as "NOT AUTHENTICATED", yet I've installed your security key and it shows up in the "trusted software providers" list.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 08:28:10 pm »

I recently started using your builds under Ubuntu, and the Update Manager today is showing your packages as "NOT AUTHENTICATED", yet I've installed your security key and it shows up in the "trusted software providers" list.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

I think there was an error with my "Release.gpg" (maybe I interrupted the process of creating the sign-file last night, I'm not sure).
Nevertheless I recreated it, and after running "apt-get update" (or whatever command you use to update package-list) it should work.

jugg

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 09:54:50 pm »
I think there was an error with my "Release.gpg" (maybe I interrupted the process of creating the sign-file last night, I'm not sure).
Nevertheless I recreated it, and after running "apt-get update" (or whatever command you use to update package-list) it should work.
Looks like that fixed it.  Thanks for providing these packages!

dengdeyan

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:33 am »
C::B is a great job; I have used this tool for a while,thank you.
When I use the wxSmith to generate UI, I found that there is one problem .If I delete a wxsmith object(wxFrame or wxPanel) from the project, but after that I want to add it again ,it dosen't work now.
In the .cbp file, i see this:
<wxsmith version="1">
<gui name="wxWidgets" src="testsmithApp.cpp" main="testsmithFrame" init_handlers="necessary" language="CPP" />
<resources>
<wxFrame wxs="wxsmith/testsmithframe.wxs" src="testsmithMain.cpp" hdr="testsmithMain.h" name="testsmithFrame" language="CPP" />
</resources>
</wxsmith>
when the user add a *.wxs file to the project ,would C::B automatically add the wxSmith object to the .cbp file?
sorry, my English is some poor, i don't know if i have talked clearly.
Thank you again!

Celestis

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 02:10:35 pm »
Hello :)
I'am french and i don't speak very well english sorry :?
I use linux(Kubuntu) and i need Code::blocks but all Nightly builds haven't "pack" for linux.
Wer(?)can i have the pack?
thank.