Author Topic: Lib Directory not working with Windows Toolkits 2003  (Read 7007 times)

leongchiang

Lib Directory not working with Windows Toolkits 2003
« on: September 13, 2005, 05:10:55 am »
Hi,

Recently, I am trying to use codeblock to build mozilla XPCOM components and I found a strange behavior of CodeBlock.
Originally, I put all my linked libraries inside a folder and used the linker inside the directories option to hopefully link all the libraries needed, but with no luck.
The solution is to use the Linker option in the top level and add the libraries one by one!  It is very tedious to do it by that.
May I know if the directories linker is supposed to include all the linked libraries all in one place?  If I need to add the libraries inside the linker option in the top level, it would be good if I can have a multiple select option when selecting the libraries.
Thanks.

LeongChiang

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Lib Directory not working with Windows Toolkits 2003
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 06:08:01 am »
The directories option is only to specify "default search directories to link libraries".
Adding libraries in the upcoming RC2 is a bit faster, the option has shortcuts (like ins, del, enter). But if you want to add multiple libraries at the same time, please add a feature request so we can start working on it.

And yes, we're planning on improving the whole thing after 1.0 is released.

leongchiang

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 03:24:57 am »
Hi,

Sorry, I am confused with the "default search directories to link libraries."
If I have a directory D with all my required libraries, and I specify this D in the directory, the linker should run fine to search the default linked libraries, right?
However, it is not.  I still need to put all the libraries in the linker one by one.  Sorry if I misunderstood sth.

What is the functions of all these shortcuts? ( ins, del and enter)  Could you explain more details on them?

I will file a request.  Thanks :)

LeongChiang

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 04:19:01 am »
Yes, you need to put them one by one. The search directories work so you don't have to specify the full path of the libraries. To add a library you don't need to click on the "Add" button. Just press the key "INS". That's what i was talking about.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 04:20:55 am by rickg22 »

leongchiang

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 06:41:07 am »
Hi,

Ok, I am some other problems.
Is there a mouse way to close a tab?  Right now I am using Ctrl-w to close a tab.
Also, I got used to use ctrl-y (or other quick key) to delete one line, but looks like there is not such function, right?

Thanks.

LeongChiang

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 04:42:00 pm »
Um... not that I know of... I usually press home, shift-down, and delete. We're going to add shortcut keys later.

leongchiang

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 01:14:05 pm »
:)

Some more.
CVS integration is a big plus for code development, and it is properly not that difficult.
Also, I found that you can only view the class method if you add file the the project, sometimes I may want to just view the structure of a source file althought it is not inside the project.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 04:40:28 am »
Ok, please post it in the official "feature requests" at sourceforge...

just be warned, feature requests are kinda stalled. We're only implementing trivial features since we're in a big hurry to release version 1.0. RC2 will hopefully be released this weekend.