Author Topic: Switching target for all projects of a workspace  (Read 3383 times)

Offline matioupi

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Incub'
Switching target for all projects of a workspace
« on: August 01, 2008, 04:42:58 pm »
Hello,

I have two workspaces (one for Libs with 17 projects - amonst wich a bunch of boost 1.36 libs, Fltk, Curl, Tiff, GeoTiff, Bz2, and the other for my specific software code with 5 projects)

On each workspace, each project have 8 targets :

Mingw32 Debug/Release
Gcc OSX Debug/Release
Linux32 Debug/Release
Linux64 Debug/Release

I'm wondering if there is a way to switch all projects of a workspace to the same target at the same time rather than having to do it for each individual project as I am doing now... (don't laught if there is another way please ;-) )

The cake cherry (is it a regular english idiom... it is in French)  would be a capability to select an appropriate target while opening the workspace file on the right OS (as everything is shared on the same drive)

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Mathieu

PS : just in case (i've seen some people having issues while compiling / using boost with codeblock),
all that source code and CodeBlock projects are on the carnaval project CVS on sourceforge

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Switching target for all projects of a workspace
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 05:49:55 pm »
I you select a given target, and then do build workspace, it will build that target for every project that has that target.

Offline matioupi

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Incub'
Re: Switching target for all projects of a workspace
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:17:04 pm »
Ok... maybe it was in the manual...

I find this rather non-intuitive and would have expected that if I "build ou rebuild workspace" then each project is build against its currently selected target... and not against the target of the current project...