Author Topic: Code::Blocks Code Analysis  (Read 4590 times)

nickyh62

Code::Blocks Code Analysis
« on: July 17, 2008, 01:43:40 pm »
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and also code blocks.  I currently work for a software firm and we are looking to incorporate an IDE similar to eclipse for our C++ devlopment.  As our projects are often very large in nature it is imperative that our code is statically analysed, meaning we don't want to have to build the code base every time we wish to make changes, run the code, etc.  Therefore I was wondering if anyone was in the position to tell me whether or not Code::Blocks analyses the code base in a similar static fashion as eclipse?

We also utilise the version control tool ClearCase.  I am aware that there exists a clear case plugin for Code::Blocks however I was wondering if there is anyone who has experience of using the plugin and could therefore advise on how well it works or indeed doesn't work  :D

Thanks

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks Code Analysis
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:58:31 pm »
I have written the plug-in, and use it everyday. It works, but I want to enhance it even more ;-)

Can you give some examples of your static analysis ?

By the way : obviously you should choose CB above eclipse (the latter is a monster, a java monster).  8)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks Code Analysis
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 12:02:49 am »
obviously you should choose CB above eclipse (the latter is a monster, a java monster).  8)
Be careful with Eclipse: I (have to) use it every day at work. One thing that is *really* impressive is the Eclipse SDK and all the additional framework SDK's around the Eclipse core. That's something were we have to work really hard to archive this excellence.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ