Author Topic: Ubuntu Linux 7.10 - Code::Blocks 8.02 - Dependency Problem  (Read 4453 times)

Offline AaronMiller

• Single posting newcomer
Ubuntu Linux 7.10 - Code::Blocks 8.02 - Dependency Problem
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:16:39 am »
Well, I've been using Code::Blocks 8.02 on Windows for a while now, and I just recently tried to get Code::Blocks installed on Ubuntu, however it was missing a libwxgtk-8.0~ dependency, so I went and downloaded that as well as, exactly 64 other .DEB files from the Ubuntu repositories (just to be certain I wouldn't have to go back ;) ), and installed everything accordingly. HOWEVER, even after the libwxgtk-8.0 was installed, I tried installing the libcodeblocks0~ dependency Code::Blocks required, it still said that the dependency libwxgtk-8.0 was not "satisfiable" (As it did before hand). So, I ensured that both the package names matched (Code::Blocks for libwxgtk-8.0, and the libwxgtk-8.0). SO, does any one have any idea why this is failing? Can some one send me their libwxgtk-8.0.deb file that they used to get Code::Blocks running in Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers,

-naota

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Ubuntu Linux 7.10 - Code::Blocks 8.02 - Dependency Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:30:57 am »
Exactly this question was asked (and answered) tons of time here.

There is also a note on C::B's download page (Note 2).

You can (or should) also read this page: http://wiki.wxpython.org/InstallingOnUbuntuOrDebian
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:32:44 am by jens »

Offline AaronMiller

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Ubuntu Linux 7.10 - Code::Blocks 8.02 - Dependency Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:29:16 am »
Ah, okay. I didn't notice those notes (Didn't seem relavent to scroll down the page, lol).
Sorry for being one of those guys that doesn't use the search button, btw.

Still, thanks for the help. :) I don't actually have the internet on my Ubuntu computer, btw, so I have to leave the house to be able to use the internet, however I was able to manually download the files from http://apt.wxwidgets.org (looked at the web addresses in the commands).

Cheers,

-naota