Author Topic: OpenSuSe 11: cbEVT_LOCK_LOG_MANAGER  (Read 9002 times)

Offline Bradan

• Single posting newcomer
OpenSuSe 11: cbEVT_LOCK_LOG_MANAGER
« on: June 21, 2008, 03:38:33 pm »
Hello,

I get this error on OpenSuSe 11 (Using the OpenSuSe 10.3 RPMs - which install quite fine):

codeblocks: symbol lookup error: codeblocks: undefined symbol: cbEVT_LOCK_LOG_MANAGER

And Code::Blocks won't start.

How can I fix this? I need the stable release of Code::Blocks ported to OpenSuSe 11. If anyone has done it already and got it workin - Please give me the binaries or the rpm.

Thanks and Regards,
Daniel

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: OpenSuSe 11: cbEVT_LOCK_LOG_MANAGER
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 05:03:21 pm »
I have build CB from sources on OpenSUSE 11.0 : works fine. Maybe you can try this ...

Offline Erix

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 08:42:35 am »
Hi, I also installed CB from the RPM for OpenSuse 10.3 - and got a similar error as killerbot.

After that I also tried to build CB from source on my OpenSuse 11.0.
./configure tells me that everything is alright, but when I type "make" it stops with:

Code
app.o: In function `CodeBlocksApp::OnInit()':
/home/erix/download/Software/codeblocks-8.02/src/src/appglobals.h:429: undefined reference to `wxHandleFatalExceptions(bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [codeblocks] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/erix/download/Software/codeblocks-8.02/src/src'

What can I do about that?

Offline ASJ

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 11:33:39 am »
why don't you use the rpm's available for OpenSuse 11.0? I use The TuxKeepers rpms from the factory repository at opensuse.org and it works without any problems! :D

Offline Erix

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 03:42:33 pm »
Well, first of all I didn't try that because there were no Repositories for openSUSE 11. Now I installed "codeblocks-1.0_0.svn.5093.0.suse1100-2.1.x86_64.rpm" from the Factory-Repo but that doesn't work either. Trying to start it from xterm or konsole it just says:

Code
codeblocks: relocation error: codeblocks: symbol _Z23wxHandleFatalExceptionsb, version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 03:43:40 pm »
Sorry just missed to add 11.0 as new build target. Will do this now, the packages should be there in few hours (or little more if buildservice is at high load ;) )

EDIT: your errors are strange. i tested 10.3 packages on 11.0 and it works. But I can only test i586 no x86_64 packages.

EDIT2: I think it will take a while until the packages are built. rev 5106 is currently building, 8.02 (stable) still only scheduled
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:58:01 pm by daniel2000 »
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline ASJ

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:11:14 pm »
Well, first of all I didn't try that because there were no Repositories for openSUSE 11. Now I installed "codeblocks-1.0_0.svn.5093.0.suse1100-2.1.x86_64.rpm" from the Factory-Repo but that doesn't work either. Trying to start it from xterm or konsole it just says:

Code
codeblocks: relocation error: codeblocks: symbol _Z23wxHandleFatalExceptionsb, version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

I got the same erorr when I first tried the rpms. Check whether wxGTK or wxWidgets is installed and try installing the other library.  I do not know the exact differences, but it seems the libraries are built slightly differently. If you take another library (or just install both wxGTK and wxWidgets) the problems will disappear. :D

Offline Erix

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 11:42:25 pm »
Thank you very much!  :D

Actually I had installed wxGTK and wxWidgets. So I tried uninstalling wxGTK, but that was the wrong decision  :?
So then I installed wxGTK only and... now it works!  :lol:

Offline Bradan

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 02:31:15 pm »
Hello,

Well, I have installed it in about 20 ways now and I came to no result. I even tried the wxGTK 2.6 versions and it doesn't work. It still tells me this error:

codeblocks: symbol lookup error: codeblocks: undefined symbol: cbEVT_LOCK_LOG_MANAGER

I really need codeblocks. Please help me with it.

Thanks,
Daniel

[EDIT]
I have forgotten to uninstall a manually installed previous codeblocks. Now it works, thanks :-) .
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:54:25 pm by Bradan »