Author Topic: gdb break command  (Read 44477 times)

Offline Joerg

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: gdb break command
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 03:27:55 pm »
Hi Gottfried,
this is real good news for all embedded programmers!  :D
Hopefully it can be integrated into the nightly builds (as an option)?

It's never too late to fail!

Offline mmkider

• Almost regular
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 05:10:57 pm »
I am currently working on a plugin with OpenOCD, and I establish a telnet connection with OpenOCD (wxSocketClient) and send the "halt" command. It's fairly easy to do, and I have code if you want it.

Cool ,
you solve my question.

Thx you.
 :D

Offline mmkider

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 05:05:40 am »
Hi Joerg,

My plugin uses the existing halt button. The functionality of this button is if GDB is running, then pressing it will halt. If GDB has halted, pressing it will terminate debugging.

There are 3 messages that have been created for plugins:

cbEVT_DEBUGGER_STARTED
cbEVT_DEBUGGER_PAUSED
cbEVT_DEBUGGER_FINISHED

However, these do not appear to be implmented yet. I have modified debuggergdb.cpp to dispatch these 3 messages (would like to suggest method via patch soon). The plugin then picks this up and issues the "halt\r" command when it receives the paused message.

No MI interpreter is not used, the output of GDB is regex'd. Input is sent to GDB via console input stream. This means that when GDB is running, GDB is unresponsive to anything but signals (ctrl-C etc). That's why the break command does not work.

With MI, I believe the interpreter is running all the time? Havent used MI much so not an expert.

Eclipse is nice, but there are a few things that need changing. Adding / removing source files is my biggest bug-bear. Being Java is good for transparent cross platform, but slowish on older machines.

Martin.
Can you share your patch and plugin??
 :lol: