Author Topic: TDM-GCC 4.3.3 (TDM-1) for MinGW (with installer)  (Read 60457 times)

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
TDM-GCC 4.3.3 (TDM-1) for MinGW (with installer)
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:19:38 am »
(Updated for the release of GCC 4.3.3 TDM-1)

GCC 4.3.3 TDM-1 is now available. Binary packages are provided as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

This release successfully builds wxWidgets 2.8.9 and Code::Blocks SVN r5473. There are some interesting vtable import diagnostics produced, which I'll be looking into, but they don't affect the final binary's usability.

Full details and download links are at http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/ .

Disclaimer:
The TDM-GCC builds are unofficial replacements for the official MinGW releases of GCC binaries. TDM-GCC was previously recommended for experimentation purposes only, but constant use in day-to-day development and a total download count of over 50,000 have proven the TDM-GCC releases to be at least as usable as the most recent official MinGW GCC release. (Please note that this does not mean that there are no bugs; merely that there is a different set of bugs with a similar or lesser average criticality.) Therefore, TDM-GCC is now heartily endorsed for production use in any non-critical environment, with only the following caveats:
  • TDM-GCC is not formally affiliated with or endorsed by the MinGW project (although several MinGW team members make use of it)
  • No level of support for TDM-GCC is in any way guaranteed (although a best effort is made to fix bugs as they are found or forward them to GCC Bugzilla)

----- Older updates follow -----

(Updated for the release of GCC 4.3.2 TDM-2)

GCC 4.3.2 TDM-2 (the second 4.3.2-based TDM release) is now available. Binary packages are provided as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

I've ensured that this release can build and run wxWidgets (2.8.9) and Code::Blocks (SVN 5331; no modifications!). If you were using 4.3.2-tdm-1 with Code::Blocks and couldn't get breakpoints in headers, this should now be fixed. Please note that the TDM 4.3 releases continue to use MinGW/3.4.5's exceptions/DLLs hack for now. (Hack that it is, this method nevertheless works supremely well.)

(Updated for the release of GCC 4.3.2 TDM-1)

A TDM experimental build of GCC 4.3.2 for MinGW is now available. Binary packages are provided as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

I've ensured that this release can build and run wxWidgets (2.8.8) and Code::Blocks (SVN 5196). As with previous 4.3 builds, minor modifications were necessary in the C::B sources. Also, the TDM 4.3 releases continue to use MinGW/3.4.5's exceptions/DLLs hack rather than a shared libgcc, for now.

(Updated for the release of the TDM/MinGW Installer)

An installer program for TDM-GCC and MinGW has been released. The installer creates, manages, and removes MinGW installations, and can upgrade components when new versions are available.

(Updated for the 4.3.1-tdm-1 release)

A TDM-1 build of GCC 4.3.1 for MinGW is now available. Binary packages are provided as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

I've ensured that this release can build and run wxWidgets (2.8.7) and Code::Blocks (8.02). As with previous 4.3 builds, minor modifications were necessary in the C::B sources. Also, the TDM 4.3 releases continue to use MinGW/3.4.5's exceptions/DLLs hack rather than a shared libgcc, for now.

(Updated for the 4.2.4-tdm-1 release)

I've created binary releases of GCC 4.3.0 and 4.2.4 for MinGW. Binary packages are available as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

I finally got around to taking a look at why the C::B build was failing for 4.3.0. Some of the errors were caused by a bug which I posted in GCC bugzilla and which was promptly fixed. Two further errors were undefined references to the vtables of fully defined classes declared as dllimport; this I fixed by removing the dllimport. The remaining error came from an as-yet-unidentified PCH bug, and I worked around it by removing the -include "sdk.h" from one of the targets.

Therefore, the 4.3.0 release has finally built and run wxWidgets 2.8.7 and Code::Blocks SVN 5081.
The 4.2.4 release incorporates the same local patchset as previous releases in the 4.2 series, and as usual builds and runs wxWidgets and Code::Blocks without any problems.

Of note: I've ported the official MinGW/GCC 3.4.5 exceptions/DLLs hack forward and used it in this 4.3.0 release because of currently unsolved errors in the shared libgcc and libstdc++ of the previous release (and because I personally prefer this method to DLL hell).

Cheers,
John E. / TDM
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:31:05 am by TDragon »
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: TDM-GCC 4.3.0 for MinGW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 04:37:38 am »
Did you try compiling the Contrib Help project?

I got some errors about the std::find not existing.

Edit: I think it might be a side effect of my deleting of the pre-compiled headers.
Edit2: adding #include <algorithm> fixed this issue.

Tim S

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:11:15 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline zelsazgh

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 01:41:34 pm »
Wow!!! some one can compiler ada in mingw!!! how do you compile it? can u tell me?

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 04:05:58 pm »
In this case, I was already building the rest of the languages as a native bootstrap; I added Ada to the list of languages to build and it just seemed to work. To see my build scripts, download gcc-4.3.0-tdm-3-srcbase.zip from the TDM-GCC project's SourceForge download page.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: TDM-GCC 4.3.0, 4.2.4 for MinGW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 02:12:11 am »
A TDM-1 binary release of GCC 4.2.4 is now available for MinGW. Binary packages are available as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

The 4.2.4 release incorporates the same local patchset as previous releases in the 4.2 series, and as usual builds and runs wxWidgets and Code::Blocks without any problems.

Full details and download links are, as before, at http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/ .

Disclaimer:
The TDM-GCC builds are unofficially created packages designed to replace, for experimentation purposes, the official MinGW releases of GCC binaries. The TDM-GCC builds typically contain fewer changes from the vanilla sources and receive less testing than their official counterparts. Since these builds are not formally affiliated with or endorsed by the MinGW project, they should be treated as unstable and unsupported software -- in other words, use it at your own risk.

Cheers,
John E. / TDM

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: TDM-GCC 4.3.1, 4.2.4 for MinGW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:46:48 pm »
A TDM-1 build of GCC 4.3.1 for MinGW is now available. Binary packages are provided as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

I've ensured that this release can build and run wxWidgets (2.8.7) and Code::Blocks (8.02). As with previous 4.3 builds, minor modifications were necessary in the C::B sources. Also, the TDM 4.3 releases continue to use MinGW/3.4.5's exceptions/DLLs hack rather than a shared libgcc, for now.

Disclaimer:
The TDM-GCC builds are unofficially created packages designed to replace, for experimentation purposes, the official MinGW releases of GCC binaries. The TDM-GCC builds typically contain fewer changes from the vanilla sources and receive less testing than their official counterparts. Since these builds are not formally affiliated with or endorsed by the MinGW project, they should be treated as unstable and unsupported software -- in other words, use it at your own risk.

Cheers,
John E. / TDM

Offline Belgabor

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 07:34:39 am »
Do I need to explicitly add libraries for 4.3.1 I don't need for 4.2.0? I get linking errors for wstring (lots of undefined references to std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >).

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 01:57:38 pm »
Do I need to explicitly add libraries for 4.3.1 I don't need for 4.2.0? I get linking errors for wstring (lots of undefined references to std::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >).

I have no idea, but for 4.30 I was having issues relating to using precompiled headers.
So, it might be the same issue.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Belgabor

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 02:34:32 pm »
Nah, my bad, sorry. I forgot to update the library search path so it tried to link against the wrong libstd++.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: TDM-GCC 4.3.1, 4.2.4 for MinGW (now with installer)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 09:55:30 pm »
An installer program for TDM-GCC and MinGW has been released. The installer creates, manages, and removes MinGW installations, and can upgrade components when new versions are available.

TDM-GCC is a set of drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's GCC packages.

Disclaimer:

Cheers,
John E. / TDM

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 10:35:29 pm »
Any chance for Dwarf2? Yes, I'm picky as usual, but Dwarf2 just rocks.  :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 05:19:07 am »
Not bundled, but you can choose it in either installer to be downloaded on-demand; and, of course, you can always download it from the SF page and unpack it yourself.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 01:44:13 pm »
Huh? I must be blind then, didn't find any DW2 zips on SF... have to look again. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 01:45:56 pm »
Ow man... please donate, I need glasses...

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: TDM-GCC 4.3.2, 4.2.4 for MinGW (now with installer)
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 05:36:02 am »
A TDM experimental build of GCC 4.3.2 for MinGW is now available. Binary packages are provided as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

I've ensured that this release can build and run wxWidgets (2.8.8) and Code::Blocks (SVN 5196). As with previous 4.3 builds, minor modifications were necessary in the C::B sources. Also, the TDM 4.3 releases continue to use MinGW/3.4.5's exceptions/DLLs hack rather than a shared libgcc, for now.

Disclaimer:

Cheers,
John E. / TDM