Author Topic: TDM-GCC 4.3.3 (TDM-1) for MinGW (with installer)  (Read 60667 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: TDM-GCC 4.3.2 (TDM-2) for MinGW (with installer)
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 02:46:56 pm »
Hi, TDragon .
Thanks for your effort to provide this great tool. And I have download it and install it. It seems that it's faster then the one in 8.02 installer. :D, And I have update some wiki page to describe the package installation. Because the old wiki page haven't tell this method. They just tell us to download many packages separately and unzip to one folder.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 01:21:19 am »
That's fine, ollydbg, but do remember that (in contrast with the official MinGW GCC distribution) no support is guaranteed in using TDM-GCC -- there is no mailing list or forum, and tracker items that aren't actual bugs are usually deleted. This makes the official MinGW version much more desirable from the standpoint of the Code::Blocks devs, because they have a place they can redirect requests for help to.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 09:27:20 am »
hi, TDragon.
I find that in the wiki page:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Debugging_with_Code::Blocks

The GDB doesn't support set breakpoints in a constructor. I tested in your package,  It's true :(.
I'm not sure if this limitation is removed yet? Thanks.

Above was my original message. I'm sorry I make a mistake. You package contains the GDB 6.8.3, from GDB 6.8 it is support breakpoints in constructor. Your package works well. I have mixed the one in 8.02 setup.  :(.

Sorry.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:55:34 pm by ollydbg »
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 10:49:40 am »
Hi, I have found that the mingw GDB 6.8.3 version is support setting breaking point in the class constructors.
So, I have download these files from:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/a9e03a9e-7a36-4357-9093-09d0188825f9/gdb-6.8-3-MinGW

and I copy the gdb.exe and gdbserver.exe to my Mingw/bin folder. When a message box prompt that a file named " iconv.dll" is need to run gdb.exe.

So, I searched on Google, and find one from
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/libiconv-1.9.1.dll.zip

Now, the GDB can step into the constructor of a class. :D.
I have made a mistake, see the above message. :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:57:46 pm by ollydbg »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 03:09:48 am »
I just want to express my great thanks to TDragon.
He help me to fix the problem in building opencv libraries. I have reported to the opencv to fix this bug.
Thank you very much.

A discussion can be found here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2505869&group_id=200665&atid=974439

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 05:31:04 am »
You're welcome. :)

By the way, I'll be abroad in the Philippines with limited internet access for the next 4 weeks, so try not to find any more bugs during that time. ;)

-John E. / TDM
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 02:20:34 pm »
@TDragon

You should update the OP in this thread. :D, because TDM 4.3.3 is released. Thanks. :D

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2009, 01:21:14 am »
You should update the OP in this thread. :D, because TDM 4.3.3 is released.

I haven't yet built wxWidgets or Code::Blocks with it.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 01:30:49 am »
You should update the OP in this thread. :D, because TDM 4.3.3 is released.

I haven't yet built wxWidgets or Code::Blocks with it.

I have successfully built code::blocks in tdm-4.3.3. :D

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: TDM-GCC 4.3.3 (TDM-1) for MinGW (with installer)
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 01:30:30 am »
GCC 4.3.3 TDM-1 is now available. Binary packages are provided as drop-in replacements for the MinGW project's official gcc packages.

This release successfully builds wxWidgets 2.8.9 and Code::Blocks SVN r5473. There are some interesting vtable import diagnostics produced, which I'll be looking into, but they don't affect the final binary's usability.

Full details and download links are at http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/ .

Disclaimer:
The TDM-GCC builds are unofficial replacements for the official MinGW releases of GCC binaries. TDM-GCC was previously recommended for experimentation purposes only, but constant use in day-to-day development and a total download count of over 50,000 have proven the TDM-GCC releases to be at least as usable as the most recent official MinGW GCC release. (Please note that this does not mean that there are no bugs; merely that there is a different set of bugs with a similar or lesser average criticality.) Therefore, TDM-GCC is now heartily endorsed for production use in any non-critical environment, with only the following caveats:
  • TDM-GCC is not formally affiliated with or endorsed by the MinGW project (although several MinGW team members make use of it)
  • No level of support for TDM-GCC is in any way guaranteed (although a best effort is made to fix bugs as they are found or forward them to GCC Bugzilla)

Cheers,
John E. / TDM

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 12:24:36 pm »
You're the best, thank you, John  8)

By the way,  the hex editor reveals strings in all executables built with the TDM suite which look suspiciously like asserts to me, such as "ret->size == sizeof(__cygming_shared) && "GCClib shared data size mismatch". I don't know if those are present in exes built with the official MinGW too (not been using them for a year).
They don't go away if I define NDEBUG though. On the other hand, why should they... if the compiler is built in debug mode, then the compiler should contain these asserts, but wouldn't place them in the executable, would it... :)

Any idea what that is and how to get rid of? It's not like it really hurts anything, but it puzzles me.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 06:45:05 pm »
By the way,  the hex editor reveals strings in all executables built with the TDM suite which look suspiciously like asserts to me, such as "ret->size == sizeof(__cygming_shared) && "GCClib shared data size mismatch". I don't know if those are present in exes built with the official MinGW too (not been using them for a year).
They don't go away if I define NDEBUG though. On the other hand, why should they... if the compiler is built in debug mode, then the compiler should contain these asserts, but wouldn't place them in the executable, would it... :)

Any idea what that is and how to get rid of? It's not like it really hurts anything, but it puzzles me.
Yes, they are asserts. They are part of the exceptions-from-DLLs mechanism in libgcc, and are basically the only choice for ending your program in a quasi-helpful manner if the mechanism fails. They are in the official MinGW as well: "w32_sharedptr->size == sizeof(W32_EH_SHARED)".

No way to get rid of it except by rebuilding your own GCC, sorry.

-John E. / TDM
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:46:40 pm by TDragon »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:59 am »
@TDragon
I have successfully build the OpenCV libraries with OpenMP enabled. Great! Thanks.

neub

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 03:58:56 pm »
Thanks, I have finally built the last openCV with the TDM-MinGW...
However I have a question about the include in C++.

Under linux I have a directory /usr/include/c++/4.3/, however I don't find it in your version of MinGW.
I hope that I could find a C:/MinGW/include/c++/4.4/ path with the c++ includes.

So i was just wondering where was this folder?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 04:42:27 pm »
Have you looked at lib\gcc\mingw32\4.4.0\include\c++\bits

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org