Author Topic: Code::blocks debugging windows ubuntu linux  (Read 6675 times)

Offline BarrieB

• Single posting newcomer
Code::blocks debugging windows ubuntu linux
« on: May 29, 2008, 03:29:21 pm »
Hi There,

I am new to both C++ and Linux.

I have just successfully installed codeblocks 8.02 on ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon and can successfully compile a "Hello World" project. This project can be successfully be single stepped with the debugger.

I am however having a problem with the debugger when opening "Debugger Windows " to add Breakpoint/watch displays etc.

Opening any of the debugger windows results in a window opening at the extreme top left of the display. The window is fixed position, cannot be dragged about on screen, though it can be resized. It overlays and obscures the codeblocks menu bar. If multiple debugger window types are opened simultaneously, they are all overlayed on top of each other in the same place on the screen. Also, in the case of the breakpoint display window for example, the bar which contains the column headings has the column widths set to one character only, so that column headings cannot be read without dragging the column dividers about.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I have done the same thing in the Windows version of codeblocks and the Debugger windows all open nicely within the main codeblocks window, tiled with other source windows etcetera.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline McZim

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code::blocks debugging windows ubuntu linux
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:40:07 pm »
hello, ok ,you need move gnome top panel to the right or left, and move your watch list to the codeblock's space, after move gnome panel back in the place.

cheers.

P.S.: sorry for my english.  :)

Offline BarrieB

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:37:19 pm »
Thanks so much for your reply.

I have managed to get it so that there can be one debug window on each separate gnome desktop by dragging codeblocks about after opening each debug window. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Also is there a way of saving a layout so that every time I open codeblocks the debug windows would automatically open in the same places where I had them last time they were used?

Thanks again.

Offline McZim

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:38:49 am »
Hi, yes every time you open codeblocks, debug window or watch window or something else, opening last place where in used. But, you need, after placing debug window or watch window, etc. save work space for this project.

Cheers.

Offline BarrieB

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:51:58 pm »
Hello there,

Thanks for the reply.