Author Topic: Code::Blocks not compiling... period.  (Read 4293 times)

efray

Code::Blocks not compiling... period.
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:34:29 am »
I've installed version 8.02 (Not mingw) without any errors. The problem is, when I decide to build, the program does nothing. It just sits there as if I had not done anything.

This is my test code, because in previous installations, I've had this problem before.

Code
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
cout << "You called program " << argv[0] << " with arguments " << endl;
for (int i = 1; i < argc; i++) {
cout << argv[i] << " ";
}
cout << endl;
system("pause");
}

When pressing build, it changes to the Build Log tab, but nothing happens.

I would really like to fix this because Code::Blocks is a great program, and I do not want to change at the moment.
Help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks not compiling... period.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:09:14 am »
I guess you have a compiler installed, otherwise you sholud do this.

Are the compiler settings in "Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Global Compiler settings -> [the compiler you use] -> Toolchain executables" correct ?

What's the output of "Build Log" with "Settings -> Compiler and Debugger... -> Global Compiler settings -> [the compiler you use] -> Other settings" (the rightmost tab) -> Compiler logging" set to "Full command line" ?

efray

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:20:43 am »
Oddly enough, I couldn't find any installed compiler for the options available. Did the older version of Code::Blocks come with a default installation?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 07:43:33 am »
Code::Blocks is an IDE and works with many compilers that have to be installed seperately.
C::B 8.02 on windows ships with or without the Vista fixed version of MinGW's gcc compiler.
The easiest way for you, if you are on win, would be to download C::B with MinGW bundled and reinstall it.

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:00:26 am »
I've installed version 8.02 (Not mingw) (..)

Oddly enough, I couldn't find any installed compiler (..)

You've answered yourself :)

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline frostwyrm333

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 10:48:53 pm »
Hi, I have the same problem. i uninstalled it and installed the version with mingw. But i cant compile it too. I have noticed that code blocks keeps user data after uninstalling. Maybe its problem with this or i really dont know. (i use windows)
thanks for help.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 11:10:36 pm »
I quote my own post:

I guess you have a compiler installed, otherwise you sholud do this.

Are the compiler settings in "Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Global Compiler settings -> [the compiler you use] -> Toolchain executables" correct ?

What's the output of "Build Log" with "Settings -> Compiler and Debugger... -> Global Compiler settings -> [the compiler you use] -> Other settings" (the rightmost tab) -> Compiler logging" set to "Full command line" ?

it would be very nice if you would answer the question(s).

By the way you can remove the C::B configuration by deleting (or renaming) "c:\Documents and Settings/<your name>/application data/codeblocks/default.conf".