Author Topic: I can't use C::B on my Fedora 9, it told me uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Skipping..  (Read 5355 times)

Offline lonelyforest

• Single posting newcomer
When I create a new console application with C++, and build it, my C::B told me

"helloWorld - Release" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

My compiler information:
[lin@lin codeblocks-8.02]$ g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-redhat-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --enable-plugin --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --disable-libjava-multilib --with-cpu=generic --build=i386-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8) (GCC)

My C::B inforamtion:
Code::Blocks 8.02

Who can help me ?? Thanks.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Is everything in "Settings -> Compiler and Debugger... -> Toolchain executables" set correctly to the compiler you want to use ?

Offline lonelyforest

My system:

[lin@lin lib]$ which g++
/usr/lib/ccache/g++
[lin@lin lib]$ which gcc
/usr/lib/ccache/gcc
[lin@lin lib]$ which gdb
/usr/bin/gdb
[lin@lin lib]$

My C::B seting:

Compiler's intallation Directory:
/usr/lib

is there any thing wrong ?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
I don't know anything about the Fedora directory layout, but normally looks for the compiler in the "bin" directory below the Compiler installation directory.

You can try to set the executables with absolute paths.

Offline lonelyforest

Thank you, it's OK now.

g++ is intalled here:

[lin@lin /]$ find /usr -name g++
/usr/bin/g++

Thank you everyone, because I am a foreigner, so, some time it's difficult to write some words here :)