Author Topic: How to build the wxsmith's plugin in the linux?  (Read 8902 times)

hjy82919

How to build the wxsmith's plugin in the linux?
« on: April 27, 2008, 03:10:45 pm »
      Hi, I try to build the wxsmith's plugin in the linux, but there are some errors, so who can tell me where I can get the file named "wxsmith.cbplugin" ? 3Q ! My email is hjy82919@163.com

mhehman

Re: How to build the wxsmith's plugin in the linux?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:06:20 am »
It doesn't look like there's a .cbplugin file anywhere to add it separately.  I was able to get it to build and install by installing the "devel" package for wxGTK2.8 in my package manager and then running make and make install in [source directory]/src/contrib/wxSmith

Once I did that, it added libwxsmith.la and libwxsmith.so to /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins. I still had to jump through that extra hoop with all the dependencies installed, and the binary package in my distro's repository didn't include wxSmith either.  Bug report, maybe?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:08:14 am by mhehman »

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:36:57 am »
There are two ways to do so.

1. Configure as-

Code
./configure --enable-contrib-plugins=wxsmith

Then use make and make install

2. Open the Contrib-plugins.workspace file with C::B and then build wxSmith.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline wmaxfield

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 07:26:40 pm »

When I opened the wsmith project in codeblocks and told it to build, it said it could not find 'ltxml'

I'm assuming this is an xml library that is needed to be added.  Unfortunately, I haven't found the library or where to get it.   

Help?

Offline wmaxfield

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 07:53:22 pm »
  ubuntu linux, terminal window, using ./bootstrap ./configure make make install for codeblocks

I did the C::B make clean then make again with the configure --enable-contrib-plugins=wxsmith then make install. codeblocks runs fine

I then changed into src/contrib/plugins/wxsmith  and did a make;make install

now codeblocks says the wxsmith plugin was not loaded because the sdk was wrong.  This is the sdk that came with 8.02.  Is the sdk really wrong?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 10:04:25 pm »
If you run "./configure --with-contrib-plugins=wxsmith" (I recommend to build all contrib-plugins) and then do a "make" and "make install", wxsmith is build and installed automatically.
You don't have to build wxsmith explicitely.

To test your configuration, you can use "--prefix="" to create a codeblocks directory-tree to test it and avoid conflicts with an older installation.

In "<codeblocks_test_dir>" you can type "bin/codeblocks" to start C::B with the newly build libs and plugins.

Offline wmaxfield

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 10:25:07 pm »
  THANKS!!

I did a make clean, and then a make and a make install after the configuration.  That fixed the problem.  wxsmith is indeed included.   I'm assuming that since I didn't do a make clean before and that is what confused the build process.

Still, loading wxsmith-unix.cbp in C::B does not build.  It cannot find -ltxml during the

Linking dynamic library: ../../../devel/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmith.so

step.

Do anyone know how to fix that problem?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 11:02:02 pm »
Its the tinyXML-library.
You can get it when you build "CodeBlocks-unix.cbp" at first.

It should be in the right-place to be found by "wxsmith-unix.cbp" then.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:17:26 am by jens »

Offline wmaxfield

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 01:11:00 am »
 Thanks!  That appeared to work.  It only compiles one file, though, even after a clean (wxsmithpluginregistrants.cpp)

However, it at least builds part of the project for now without error.