Author Topic: How to add the console to log & others  (Read 2793 times)

Offline er

• Multiple posting newcomer
How to add the console to log & others
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:10:09 pm »
Hi all,

I have a program that prints table-like output to the standard output, something like:
1 xx xx xx ...
2 xx xx xx ...
3 xx xx xx ...

with the editor i used previously things looked aligned as above, but now the standard output seems to have a limited # of columns so that things looked more like
1 xx xx ...
xx 2 xx ...

Can i get the console to be part of Logs & others (next to debugger and such), instead of a pop up window? And eliminate the above problem?

Thanks!
Code::Blocks 10.05/ Mac OS X 10.6.4/GCC

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: How to add the console to log & others
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:22:19 pm »
(..) the standard output seems to have a limited # of columns (..)

AFAIK, the console output has always a finite width. You can configure the # of columns (as well as the textfont or colors) you desire for your xterm window using the proper parameters (Environment Settings / General settings) (edit: for linux platforms). For instance, I'm using this command:

Code
xterm -bg black -fg lightgray -rightbar -u8 -fn lucidasanstypewriter-14 -fb lucidasanstypewriter-bold-14 -geometry 120x40 -T $TITLE -e

for a "custom" terminal window. But you'll find always some text truncated depending on the lenght for your output.

(..)Can i get the console to be part of Logs & others (next to debugger and such), instead of a pop up window?(..)

I'm not sure, but I don't remember about any plugin for that purpose.

Regards.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:46:25 pm by Deschamps »
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music