Author Topic: Boost error.  (Read 3873 times)

jahabdank

Boost error.
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:12:11 pm »
Hello Everybody,

I hope nobody kills me for posting this question (I have found some similar, but none of the solutions is working for me):

I am using a boost library in my project to create a dll. I have set the compiler, and I could even run the example from the Boost:Getting started guide. The only problem for me is if I start using some other classes (in my case the matrix_expressinos.hpp) it comes with some errors like incoplete type 'boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE< false > etc.

So what I did was to check the boost website, and what might be a reason is that MinGW is an usupported compiler for the boost. So I tried to swith to the CygWin, but I dont know hoe to properly do it - whatever I do it comes with message: Nothing to be done.

So me question is did I miss something in the way I have set up my boost, and could anybody (in a simple, step by step manner) explain me how to plug in the CtgWin so it works?

Cheers,
Joseph A. Habdank

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Boost error.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:19:36 pm »
So what I did was to check the boost website, and what might be a reason is that MinGW is an usupported compiler for the boost.
Nope, Boost is supposed to work fine under straight MinGW. See the Getting Started Under Windows page, under "Build Binaries From Source".

Typically errors like that come from using the supplied classes incorrectly. Sometimes (but far less often) they come from an improperly designed library.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)