Author Topic: A little help with finding...  (Read 3575 times)

Develop

A little help with finding...
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:11:14 am »
Here is a tutorial for making a game using code blocks, and it seems fairly recent
http://www.gameiterator.com/index.php/Games/HowToCreateAComputerGame
I got down to the part where it asks you to go to Build -> Compiler Settings -> Linker and the compiler settings doesn't seem to be under build anymore, could anyone tell me where it is?

I found the global compiler settings under settings-> compiler and debugger, but it's not quite the same, can anyone help me out?

Offline Belgabor

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: A little help with finding...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 04:04:03 am »
Project->Build Options

Develop

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:49:45 pm »
I was using this tutorial that uses codeblocks http://www.gameiterator.com/index.php/Games/HowToCreateAComputerGame
Anyway...
I went and added the files they wanted in the directories and linker areas and still got errors.  However when I go to build options the titles are a little different on the tabs like instead of directories it says search directories, and instead of linker it says linker settings.  Anyway when I make the modifications it suggests it still gives me errors.  I've noticed that in the Search directory-> compiler window the C\programfiles\codeblocks\include is not there, and it is in the tutorial, could this be causing a problem?  If the version difference is the problem, what do I need to do?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:01:30 am by Develop »

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:22:01 pm »
Quote from: Develop
I went and added the files they wanted in the directories and linker areas and still got errors

It would help if you copy/paste those errors.

However when I go to build options the titles are a little different on the tabs

Those screenshots are from an outdated version of Code::Blocks.

Anyway when I make the modifications it suggests it still gives me errors

Hazard a guess those errors is really complicated :)

what do I need to do?

Try to provide more info.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music