Author Topic: howto install codeblocks on gentoo  (Read 11220 times)

npcdoom

howto install codeblocks on gentoo
« on: August 27, 2005, 05:20:57 pm »
first you need to make an overlay directory on portage

Code
mkdir -p /usr/local/portage && echo "PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage" >> /etc/make.conf

now we need to create the directory hierarchy for the ebuild. I put it on dev-util

Code
cd /usr/local/portage
mkdir dev-util
mkdir dev-util/codeblocks
mkdir dev-util/codeblocks/files

now we need to download the ebuild and the corresponding patch from bugs.gentoo.org

ebuild http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=65194
patch http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=65195

move the ebuild to /usr/local/portage/dev-util/codeblocks and move the patch to /usr/local/portage/dev-util/codeblocks/file

now we need to download the files

Code
cd /usr/local/portage/dev-util/codeblocks
ebuild codeblock-1.0_rc1.ebuild digest
emerge codeblocks

billt

Re: howto install codeblocks on gentoo
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:46:13 am »
Can we get an update on this howto? I followed it, but something has changed since then. I get all the way to ebuild codeblock-1.0_rc1.ebuild digest and it bombs:

Code
localhost codeblocks # ebuild codeblock-1.0_rc1.ebuild digest
!!! doebuild: codeblock-1.0_rc1.ebuild not found for digest

The file I downloaded from http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1194.0.html has filename codeblocks-1.0_rc2.ebuild instead of rc1...

Offline gfgfd

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 01:33:47 pm »
Code
# ebuild codeblock-1.0_rc2.ebuild digest 
instead of codeblock-1.0_rc1.ebuild..

billt

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 04:15:51 am »
Heh, duh. :)

But another typo there, for the copy/pasters among us the exact command was
Code
ebuild codeblocks-1.0_rc2.ebuild digest

And with this I've had a couple further issues.

First, I had to add dev-util/codeblocks to my /etc/portage/package.keywords file.

Second, I got an emerge error:
Code
make[5]: Entering directory
`/var/tmp/portage/codeblocks-1.0_rc2/work/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/resources'
PWD=`pwd` cd . && zip -j /var/tmp/portage/codeblocks-1.0_rc2/work/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/sdk/resources/manager_resources.zip *.xrc images/*.png > /dev/null
/bin/sh: zip: command not found

I didn't have zip installed and had to emerge app-arch/zip to get past that. Where might this be reported to add that as a dependency in the codeblocks ebuild??

Third, after emerging zip, I get another error:
Code
make[5]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/codeblocks-1.0_rc2/work/codeblocks-1.0rc2/src/plugins/astyle'
/bin/sh ../../../mkinstalldirs /var/tmp/portage/codeblocks-1.0_rc2/image/usr/lib64
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=install /bin/install -c  libastyle.la /var/tmp/portage/codeblocks-1.0_rc2/image/usr/lib64/libastyle.la
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libastyle.la' to a directory not ending in /usr/share/codeblocks/plugins
make[5]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1

Which I haven't outsmarted yet.

Sorry for sounding like a dope, but I'm not a linux developer, and I'm not sure what would have been intended there. I wouldn't mind learning, but my main reason for looking at Code::Blocks is that I'm getting a hardware ICE probe that can be used via gdb and ddd for my target platform, instead of having to buy fancy expensive software environments required for the other ICE probe vendors' products. Someone pointed me here to see if this IDE would be suitable for my learning and firmware debug interface needs.

hadian

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:40:06 am »
Hi
i want to install C::B on my gentoo (sabayon). the link for patch does not give me a file (in my browser) and open the file instead. should i save the content of the file? what should be the name?