Author Topic: Compiler Plugin  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Wolf

• Multiple posting newcomer
Compiler Plugin
« on: March 11, 2008, 11:59:59 pm »
Hello,
I would like to add G15 support for Code::Blocks which would display the active project, which file is being compiled, or which project is being built... The only events I found available were the ones about "compiling started" and "compiling finished", which gave me no information about the project or anything.
Should I request a new event to be launched? Should I request a plugin extension, which will give me the specified information or allow me to override the currently selected compiler plugin? Should I modify the compiler plugin myself (it is a core plugin) and make a compiler plugin w/G15 support enabled? Should I use the log window text to read what is happening in Code::Blocks?
There are so many ways to do this, if someone could help me, it would be appreciated.

The G15 keyboard has a programmable LCD display and 4 dual-state buttons (pressed/released). It has a resolution of 160x43 pixels, 2 colors, which can be used to display text and images (bitmap). I would use it to display compiler messages (status, errors and warnings), the currently loaded project (browse through the project files), to execute some commonly used functions (even though a single key could do it, a button could be programmed to do a lot more). It could also be used to play games like Snake or Pong, if byo wants to port the games to the G15 keyboard. ;) It could display a nice welcome message when loading Code::Blocks along with displaying the Code::Blocks logo, or display tips. The SDK is freely available, and is for Windows only (actually, writing this down, I found http://www.g15tools.com/ which lists some tools available to use the G15 keyboard on Linux, so I guess it would be possible to have the plugin on Linux too). More and more applications are adding built-in support for the G15 keyboard, while for others, we have to get it from a third-party application. And when versions change, it is rare it still works, so it needs constant modifications, unless the support is built-in.

-- Wolf --

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Compiler Plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:41:45 am »
Should I request a new event to be launched?

This sounds like the thing to do.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...