Author Topic: new to Code::Blocks and lovin' it!  (Read 5486 times)

Offline ixfd64

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Facebook
new to Code::Blocks and lovin' it!
« on: March 11, 2008, 01:10:42 am »
*wipes shoes on door mat*

Hello, this is my first post here. I recently started learning C++ programming on my own during my free time. I'm a noob at it, but I hope to become better in the future.

I've used Dev-C++ up until now, but it hasn't been updated for over three years. After hearing that Code::Blocks is much better than Dev-C++, I decided to give it a try. It turns out that I wasn't wrong!

Anyways, I'm glad to be a part of this community!

JackCY

Re: new to Code::Blocks and lovin' it!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:08:20 pm »
no it's not bad, but the new version 8.02 :( i love the 1.0rc2 and few minutes ago i tried 8.02 and after that reverted back to 1.0rc2, I hate the look, toolbars can be turned off but the settings menus, wtf magehuge icons on left and scrolling always, the old settings menus was much better and had the import/export function and thats gone :( why? new look but i cant hide a bar and make it autohide, so only when i compile and something is changed it shows, or i got it focus, in 1.0rc2 i just pres the F2 but in compare with others, i prefer 1.0rc2, no matter how much compilers you add and how "new" the IDE looks

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 05:13:26 pm »
i prefer 1.0rc2, no matter how much compilers you add and how "new" the IDE looks
You are the first person at all saying so. However - we have freedom of speech. :D

But: Things you are complaining are simply not true. If you want to help getting things fixed (if you mean there are bugs) just tell us *exactly* what is not working. Just whining... erm... complaining  is of no help to nobody. :?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »
1.0RC2 better then 8.02  :shock: :shock:

Tell us what you think doesn't work anymore. You can turn off toolbars : View->Toolbars

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 06:35:07 pm »
thats funny!  :lol:

Offline ixfd64

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 12:15:36 am »
I've never used version 1.0 RC2, so I can't really say which one is better. However, I do think that Code::Blocks could use some slight UI improvements.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 09:00:06 am »
Code::Blocks could use some slight UI improvements.
Well... nobody listens to me... it seems I have to live with it. :-(

If you want to help getting things fixed (if you mean there are bugs) just tell us *exactly* what is not working. Just whining... erm... complaining  is of no help to nobody. :?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

JackCY

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 05:20:04 pm »
i prefer 1.0rc2, no matter how much compilers you add and how "new" the IDE looks
You are the first person at all saying so. However - we have freedom of speech. :D

But: Things you are complaining are simply not true. If you want to help getting things fixed (if you mean there are bugs) just tell us *exactly* what is not working. Just whining... erm... complaining  is of no help to nobody. :?

1) the night color schema for editor is gone
2) can't import/export settings
3) huge icons in options and need to scroll, the old options was fine
4) i'm not using any styles for windows or menus (XP with Win95 look), so i don't like when they are forced
5) autohide is not present for inner windows

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 12:00:23 am »
About #3: I didn't like big icons either, that's why I disable the options icons. It's there in settings, environment, view :)