Author Topic: Windows Mobile [56].0  (Read 15468 times)

mjosborne1

Windows Mobile [56].0
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:18:41 am »
I was wondering if anyone is doing any Windows Mobile 5 or 6 apps using C::B?
Any libraries / compilers out there to make it easier?

Offline billyonthemountain

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Windows Mobile [56].0
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:18:18 pm »
For the libraries I suggest you have a look at either the Windows Mobile 6 SDK or the full Windows SDK.
As for the compiler, I would use the one included in visual C++ express and configure it with the compiler plugin

I haven't tried it before so maybe someone can confirm.
(ASM, C/C++)||(VISION&AI)||(EMBEDDED SYSTEMS)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:11:53 am »
@billyonthemountain

If you use own pictures in your profile, it would be nice to resize them to the needed size !!
German telecom still forces me to use ISDN when I am at home. so I had to block your "thumbnail" to make the site load in a normal time.

In addition the height of your post increases so it is about ten times as high as needed (at least on Iceweasel/aka FireFox on debian if image is not totally loaded).

I had to block your image and that's something I don't want to do in a forum I visit a couple of times every day.

Namek

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 12:37:18 pm »
Sorry for late, but I would tell something about that.

I'm not fully sure, but to make programs in C# for WM you can use standard compiler, which is totally free. When i have been making some programs for my WM6 in the past - they were working on the PC platform without any recompiling. But there's one thing to keep in mind - WM uses Compact Framework, that means it's smarter (smaller) version of .NET Framework. However, it should work when you put some simple program from PC into PocketPC.

Offline Jeisson

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:04:49 pm »
My apologies for these questions. I am really interested in this topic and I am completely new in Windows Mobile world and a CB's lover.

I would like to know if somebody have compiled a Windows Mobile application using Code::Blocks, VC++ express compiler and wxWidgets library?. Is it possible use another compiler? In that case, could be a WM program compiled in Linux?

Thanks a lot for any reply.