Author Topic: can't handle subwindows proper on ion3  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Marenz

• Multiple posting newcomer
can't handle subwindows proper on ion3
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:17:18 pm »
Hi there,
I am using ion3. If i want to change the position of a subwindows (like open files list or Management) it becomes an own window and will never lock back into the layout again.
This worked more or less buggy in previous(svn) versions. But not anymore in the newest release. :(

any chance that this will get fixed? or is ion3 to much of a minority to be a matter to you devs? (this is not asked in a offending way, just for my information, so i won't disturb you with any more ion3-related problems if some show up)

--Ano

Offline Marenz

Re: can't handle subwindows proper on ion3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:50:06 am »
ok i just read the REPORT YOUR BUGS HERE,  sorry for posting this first.

--Ano

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:25:19 am »
Hmm... I wouldn't even know where to start, even had to google to find out what ion3 is :(

From your description, I would guess it is something in wxAUI that goes wrong. That stuff is not managed by ourselves. I'm surprised it should work in the nghtly builds, though... don't think there were any changes related to layout/windowing at all for months.

Could you try running the wxAUI demo (in the wxWidgets "samples" directory) to see if it goes wrong in that one too?
Maybe it's something with the "transparent overlay hint" or such (there are tweakables in the demo to turn on/off all kinds of features). If that is really it and you find out what it needs to work, it should be easy to fix.
Otherwise, I see very little hope.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Marenz

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 11:32:51 am »
yep, the same bug shows up in the aui demo
i better talk to the wx guys then, right?
maybe they already fixed it in the repos

--Ano
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 11:35:31 am by Suprano »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:09:12 pm »
yep, the same bug shows up in the aui demo
i better talk to the wx guys then, right?
maybe they already fixed it in the repos

--Ano
Please do. In the meantime, you can try if you can get it to work in the AUI demo if you turn on/off some of the tweaks (like fading in/out, overlay or blinds, etc.). If you get it to work properly with one specific setting, then we can add an #ifdef for just this setting only for ion3 until a real fix is available from the AUI team.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."