Author Topic: bizarre editor behavior in 8.02 (win32)  (Read 14746 times)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: bizarre editor behavior in 8.02 (win32)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 05:31:22 pm »
This is funny, whats the point of creating such an endless line of code? to complicate more our lives?
A good example would be really appreciated  :D

in my case it wasn't code, just word wrapped text. (some documentation i was writing)
lines were as long as 1500 characters (a long paragraph)

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 06:15:33 pm »
We want to scramble the C::B source code. Thus put all into one file and then all into one line. This saves webspace but are (unfortunately) more than 64k characters. ;-) :lol:

I would believe you more if it was an obfuscation contest   :lol:

in my case it wasn't code, just word wrapped text. (some documentation i was writing)
lines were as long as 1500 characters (a long paragraph)

Thats sounds some kind of reasonable but a 64k long line, like has been talked here :?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 06:38:17 pm »
Thats sounds some kind of reasonable but a 64k long line, like has been talked here :?

HTML pages that are optimized for size and optimized and/or obfuscated JavaScripts are other examples that make sense and can reach much more than than 64k.

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 08:45:49 pm »
Nice example  :D, I doesn't thought about that  :)

Honestly, I prefer to use a tool that automates that kind of work for publishing, not manually edit infinite lines of text.
i would become more blind than I am  :roll:

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 09:46:19 pm »
Something bugs me... why does Martin/Morten/Mortin (you've got so many names, bloody cake) say that the wxCoord typedef is the reason for the 64k limit? Both in 32 and 64 bits architectures the size of int is 32 bits, and the size of short 16 bits. 32 bits can handle 4G...

Someone still using 16 bits C++ compilers it seems? :)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 09:53:52 pm »
Something bugs me... [...] that the wxCoord typedef is the reason for the 64k limit?
Mmmmh... we were not talking about short... right?! Probably because I was drunk?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 11:19:16 am »
If that was the case, you should not be able to display more than a few thousand lines of code either (and Code::Blocks confirmedly handles 1.9 million lines of code).
Also, if it was limited by the coordinates, then using a font twice as large should make the bug occur after displaying half as many characters.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 07:11:50 pm »
If that was the case, you should not be able to display more than a few thousand lines of code either (and Code::Blocks confirmedly handles 1.9 million lines of code).
Also, if it was limited by the coordinates, then using a font twice as large should make the bug occur after displaying half as many characters.
It's not enough if I lay on the ground ashamed already... :oops: you must kick me another time... Who's next?! :(
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ