Author Topic: About new release 8.02  (Read 7049 times)

Offline Joss

• Single posting newcomer
About new release 8.02
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:49:46 am »
Hey guys,
I just wanted to ask, how i can get a changelog about the new release 8.02. or there is a page in the new forum where I can find all the news about this release?.

I have been off for a few weeks and probably I lost something.

My last release is 4875. do I have to do something before installing the new release or is enough if I replace the binaries with the ones of the new release ?

thanks to all.

Great work guys.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: About new release 8.02
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:18:56 am »
Yes: http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/codeblocks/?op=log&

There are about 3000 entries, so bring some time for reading.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Joss

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 11:42:28 am »
Thank you Thomas.

Probably my request in not clear. I mean that I am looking for a official summary of all these pages.

In particular I found this post at  http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/codeblocks/?op=log&:

Changes for version 8.02
------------------------
2008-02-27 mandrav
        * There are so many changes since last release that it is practically
          impossible to list :)

I don't know if mandrav is referring at what I am searching for. Any way if there are not documents I'll tray to find these using the program.

About my request to replace the old binaries whith the new ones . Can I do this ?.

Thanks.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:08:04 pm »
Probably my request in not clear.
No no, it is entirely clear :)
All changes that were made are documented in the Subversion logs. We do not have any other place where we documented changes (and no, we're not going to search through the last 2 years of logs).
Major changes which cause a change in behaviour or features are marked with '*', while minor changes that do not change behaviour are marked with '-'.

About my request to replace the old binaries whith the new ones . Can I do this ?.
If you do it right, it will work just fine (I'm doing that every other week). However, if you do any such thing, you're out alone, no help from our side if your computer eats your cat and your house burns down.
When copying around stuff like that, it is easy mix up some old and new binaries/libraries/whatever, which may work or may crash, or it may seem to work for a while until you discover it doesn't. Thus, I cannot recommend doing so.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Joss

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 09:58:17 pm »
Okay, I understood that i have to read a little. If there are nothing else it became a pleasure.

For the installation of the new version i didn't see that the new version has an installer. sorry , I apologies.

thanks for all.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 12:32:17 am »
Actually, on a second thought... that changelog can be created rather easily like this:
svn log svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/tags/8.02 -r1103:head |grep "*" > changes.txt

It's a 200k file, though...

Offline Joss

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 02:02:36 am »
Where do I have to launch this command ?.

I installed the svn on my (windows) esplorer context menu and this menu has 3 items:

1. Update
2. Commit
3. TortoiseSVN.

I just use the update item to download sources of C::B

Offline XayC

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 03:04:03 pm »
You have to type that command using the Command Console (known also as the DOS console).
You need grep and svn installed correctly and their path to the executables should be in the PATH environment variable.
If you don't have grep you can run this command, which will output some more lines (those withouth the '*' character): svn log svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/tags/8.02 -r1103:head > changes.txt

If you prefer I've saved the results (changes.txt) from the command Thomas suggested, and I've attached it to this message.

Regards, XayC

[attachment deleted by admin]