Author Topic: wxGridBagSizer in wxSmith  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Hyper_Eye

• Single posting newcomer
wxGridBagSizer in wxSmith
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:28:32 pm »
I have been using Code::Blocks with wxSmith for a couple of weeks and am quite pleased with the usability of this development platform. There are a few issues I have run into and am working through. One major issue is that wxSmith does not support wxGridBagSizer. This sizer is very useful and I am hoping that there is an intention to support this in wxSmith. Is this expected to be supported in the near future or is this something that is a long way off? Thanks.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxGridBagSizer in wxSmith
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:46:52 am »
I have been using Code::Blocks with wxSmith for a couple of weeks and am quite pleased with the usability of this development platform. There are a few issues I have run into and am working through. One major issue is that wxSmith does not support wxGridBagSizer. This sizer is very useful and I am hoping that there is an intention to support this in wxSmith. Is this expected to be supported in the near future or is this something that is a long way off? Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your interests in wxSmith, nice to hear it's a good platform :)

I didn't plan to add wxGridBagSizer soon. Most important reason here is that I couldn't find some nice way to allow operating on this kind of sizer in the visual editor, the only thing that came into my mind is to add separate customization dialog allowing to tune the sizer (set cells etc) and after this step you'd be able to add stuff into it. But I guess it wouldn't be so nice when one want to change sizer's settings.

So any suggestions on this issue are welcome :) If I'll find one that's not really hard to implement but powerfull enough, it may be available in few weeks.

Regards
   BYO

Offline Feneck91

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:11:23 am »
Do you have a way to use it into wxSmith and let custumize it into source code ? Like a Custom standard wxidget but for Layout ?
I use wxSmith and so, I cannot use it and I cannot create custom layout to put all components into it.
The only way is to add wxGridBagSizer and all all components into it with source code ?
Hope you will find a way but this message is very old and today this layout is not implemented yet.
I love Code::Blocks and wxSmith is very useful, congratulation for all this work that everybody has made to make these tools the high level of quality it have now.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:55:48 am »
Do you have a way to use it into wxSmith and let custumize it into source code ? Like a Custom standard wxidget but for Layout ?
Please do not hijack a 4 years old thread. Thank you (Topic locked therefore).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ