Author Topic: wxGTK2-2.4.12 xrc compile problem  (Read 9142 times)

Ci

wxGTK2-2.4.12 xrc compile problem
« on: August 22, 2005, 02:29:28 pm »
I've got wxGTK2 like in subject. When I want to compile I've got the error:
Code
Linking executable devel/codeblocks.exe...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4

I've install wxGTK2-xrc package. I didn't recompile all wxGTK( is the problem??).
What should I do??

BTW. U made GREAT job with creating this app. Good luck guys   :)

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
Re: wxGTK2-2.4.12 xrc compile problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 04:23:38 pm »
Look how the libs are named with:
Code
ls /usr/lib/wx_*

Did you run ldconfig after installing the wxGTK2-xrc package ?

Daniel
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Ci

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:24:54 pm »
I haven't got any wx_* files in /usr/lib . The wxGTK2-xrc package has got little diffrent filenames:
Code
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so.0
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so.0.1.1

I download the package for my Linux  - FC4.

So I tried to change Makefile.unix
LIB_WXXRC=wx_gtk2_xrc-2.4
LIB_WXSTC=wx_gtk2_stc-2.4

to
LIB_WXXRC=libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4
LIB_WXSTC=libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4

But it didn't work... :( I run ldconfig after installing this package but still nothing...

grv575

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 03:16:03 pm »
/usr/lib is searched by default I believe (or already in /etc/ld.so.conf) so no need for ldconfig in your case.
try
cd /usr/lib
ln -s libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so.0.1.1 libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so

Ci

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 06:30:08 pm »
It worked... but  :( now I have this kind of problem:
Code
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::sm_classwxWindow'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::Clear()'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxTheClipboard'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `vtable for wxEventTableEntry'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxFlexGridSizer::AddGrowableRow(unsigned int)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxListView::sm_classwxListView'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxButton::sm_classwxButton'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::ApplyWidgetStyle()'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStyledTextCtrl::DoGetBestSize() const'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxFlexGridSizer::AddGrowableCol(unsigned int)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxString::InitWith(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxObject::sm_classwxObject'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxPanel::sm_classwxPanel'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxListItem::sm_classwxListItem'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxTextCtrlBase::~wxTextCtrlBase()'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxSizer::sm_classwxSizer'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxString::ConcatSelf(int, char const*)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::FindWindow(wxString const&)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxMenuBar::sm_classwxMenuBar'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxWizard::Create(wxWindow*, int, wxString const&, wxBitmap const&, wxPoint const&)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxControl::sm_classwxControl'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxEVT_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxTimer::sm_classwxTimer'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxSystemSettingsNative::GetMetric(wxSystemMetric)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxRect::wxRect(wxPoint const&, wxSize const&)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxDialog::sm_classwxDialog'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxMenu::sm_classwxMenu'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxScrollBar::sm_classwxScrollBar'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxWizardPage::sm_classwxWizardPage'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxString::CopyBeforeWrite()'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxFrame::sm_classwxFrame'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_stc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxFile::Read(void*, long long)'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxButton::ApplyWidgetStyle()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Błąd 1

BTW. Does anybody made a package of C::B..??

grv575

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 07:12:32 am »
rebuild wx (see wiki).  make sure it's monolithic.

Ci

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 04:43:54 pm »
I installed the wxGTK from src.rpm package. There was included a patch so I think it was apply. But still nothong. I get the same errors.... :?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 08:16:07 pm »
I guess the last resort is to download the wxwidgets gtk source directly from sourceforge, unzip (or untar) it to a directory, apply the patch mentioned in the wiki, and then compile it yourself.
Sorry, i'm not very good in Linux... but hey, i did the procedure manually and worked like a charm :)

zieQ

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 09:13:16 am »
My opinion would be to set C::B to use the non-monolithic version since it is often the normal installation on linux I think. But I know, all devs will be annoyed by the change...

Ci

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 10:39:11 am »
I compiled wxGTK step by step like is in wiki............................... and..........................
Code
.objs/src/app.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN13CodeBlocksAppC1Ev[CodeBlocksApp::CodeBlocksApp()]+0x16): In function `CodeBlocksApp::CodeBlocksApp()':
src/app.cpp:79: undefined reference to `vtable for CodeBlocksApp'
/usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxwxListStringNode::~wxwxListStringNode()'
/usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxwxMenuItemListNode::~wxwxMenuItemListNode()'
/usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxwxMenuItemListNode::~wxwxMenuItemListNode()'
/usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `vtable for wxFileProto'
/usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `wxwxListStringNode::~wxwxListStringNode()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Błąd 1
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x