Author Topic: Separate compile flags for c and c++?  (Read 3391 times)

drala

Separate compile flags for c and c++?
« on: May 24, 2008, 05:19:52 pm »
Is it possible to specify separate compile flags for c and c++?  It doesn't look like it.  If not, this would be a nice feature.  Is there a place to post feature requests? 

I would also like to have a bit more control over the actual link command used.  I had to edit the cbp file by hand to jiggle the lib order and lib directory order to get the link to work for a large application.  This is really a problem with gcc that I have to do this at all, but it would be nice if C::B provided finer grain control over the link step.

This is an excellent tool!  I just started using it on Ubuntu yesterday and I have ported my VS projects over without much problems.  Thank you!

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Separate compile flags for c and c++?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 05:56:25 pm »
Is it possible to specify separate compile flags for c and c++?  It doesn't look like it.  If not, this would be a nice feature.

You could define different build targets, including in each one the files you desire to build, with their own flags and options, and then you could also create a virtual target including all those previously defined targets, if you want to compile all the files in your project. (see the way used in the C::B source-code project itself for instance).

Is there a place to post feature requests?

BerliOS is the used place.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music