Author Topic: Docking library  (Read 28112 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Docking library
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 10:48:09 pm »
Hi guys.

Have you checked wxAUI out?

http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/wiki.pl?WxAUI

This looks nice and I haven't heard of it. But it lacks one of the main important features wxIFM already has: docking any window as a tab in another window.
Anyway, it will take a while until we could use wxIFM in C::B (it lacks some other important features - like save/load layout). If by then wxAUI has added the missing functionality, we could evaluate it too ;)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2005, 03:51:13 am »
*Drool* Sugoi.... docking toolbars... *drools*

How long has this been around? Is it stable? Any bugs?

takeshimiya

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2005, 04:49:59 am »
wxAUI, amazing, never heard of it before. It seems stable and very lightweight (current version 0.9).

It's being developed by a developer of Kirix, so it'll be used in the well know Kyrix Strata. I can guess it's well mantained and it'll continue to be.

It seems that wxAUI get the toolbar and native/coolness effects things right, while wxIFM gets the tear-able tabs and not-XOR rectangles things right.

Let's see which of both get's the features of the other docking library first. 8)

EDIT: I've contacted the wxAUI author. I'm posting the info here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1789.0.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 05:32:14 am by Takeshi Miya »

Offline zkey

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 11:05:45 am »
Has anyone compiled wxIFM and a demo sample under linux (wxGTK)? I successfully compiled wxIFM and the demo on SuSe last night (wx 2.6.2 - static, unicode), but got a lot of gtk-asserts when i tried to launch it. I'm currently not at home so i can't copy the error-msg.

Is anyone using wxIFM under linux ? If yes, it would be great to see few sshots of it.  :)

zkey

Offline AkiraDev

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 11:15:08 am »
Has anyone compiled wxIFM and a demo sample under linux (wxGTK)? I successfully compiled wxIFM and the demo on SuSe last night (wx 2.6.2 - static, unicode), but got a lot of gtk-asserts when i tried to launch it. I'm currently not at home so i can't copy the error-msg.

Did you use the old makefiles it used to bring? Those were generated by MinGWStudio and tweaked in a rush, so there will likely be mistakes in them. Mea culpa.
When I have the time, I'll try to make them in a more thourough way.

Haven't ran it on SUSE on quite a while. What's your version of SUSE and GTK, btw?

Offline zkey

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 11:33:47 am »
Did you use the old makefiles it used to bring? Those were generated by MinGWStudio and tweaked in a rush, so there will likely be mistakes in them. Mea culpa.
yep, there were few mistakes; i added the icon/images-directory to the compiler include-path and made only little changes to interface.cpp (or something like that) where i packed "plain"-strings into wxT() then i built all fine.

Quote from: AkiraDev
When I have the time, I'll try to make them in a more thourough way.
It would be great. Thanks in advance.  :)

Quote from: AkiraDev
Haven't ran it on SUSE on quite a while. What's your version of SUSE and GTK, btw?

I'm using suse 10.x and gtk+ 2.8x

zkey