Author Topic: The 15 December 2007 build (4734) is out.  (Read 34200 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 15 December 2007 build (4734) is out.
« on: December 15, 2007, 06:57:41 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx287.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 15 December 2007 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20071215_rev4734_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed paths breaking builds when containing parentheses (non-windows platforms affected)
  • Fixed brain-damaged CodeBlocksLogEvent constructor

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

Offline dannyyy

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 15 December 2007 build (4734) is out.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 08:28:59 pm »
Hi !

Sorry if it's the wrong place to ask this question. I'm searching everywhere on the web, but I can't find the right answer for my problem...

This is the first time I try to install Code::Blocks on Mandriva Linux 2008.0 (CB SVN 4734). I'm following the instructions found on CB Wiki and on the "BUILD" file found inside the SVN directory.

The first step, the bootstrap, fails.

Code
$ ./bootstrap
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
./bootstrap: line 64: aclocal: command not found

I did what the Wiki says about DOS line endings:

Code
$ dos2unix bootstrap acinclude.m4 codeblocks.pc.in configure.in Makefile.am

But this time it gives a new error message when doing the bootstrap:

Code
$ ./bootstrap
bash: ./bootstrap: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Is there something I missing, or doing wrong ?

Just for reference, here is the list of tools I'm using:
autoconf 2.61
automake 1.7.9
libtool 1.5.22
m4 1.4.10
make 3.81
gcc 4.2.2.0
...and others...

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 09:15:33 pm »
Build for Ubuntu i386 can be found here

Best regards, pasgui

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 12:50:53 am »
I just uploaded the packages (binary and source) for the three debian main-suites to my repository (see Sig).

GTOnizuka

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 12:08:02 pm »
Hi, long time no see yep? Well i'm here because i have a suggestion to your NB relases. I have passed to Linux these two last months and i found it very beautifull, much more than Windows(IMHO) anyway why don't you give a tar.gz with sources in? So users that don't know what is SVN can anyway build their own NB in their own system.

I hope you'll get it from the next relase ;)

Best regards, GTOnizuka

qingbaih

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 02:45:44 pm »
Can't download!

Offline kurapix

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:47:30 pm »
My script version 0.4 for building CB-SVN on Ubuntu works except for one part : the checkout.
When the checkout is fix then I'll release the new version of my script (probably next week since I have others things to do for now).
GTOnizuka, no need for tar.gz with sources then, my script will do the work for beginners on Ubuntu ;) .
If you want to see what my script do, go check the link in my signatures (no link to download since it's old versions and they don't work beyond SVN 4267).

Kurapix
Code::Blocks package building script

GTOnizuka

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 07:23:29 pm »
My script version 0.4 for building CB-SVN on Ubuntu works except for one part : the checkout.
When the checkout is fix then I'll release the new version of my script (probably next week since I have others things to do for now).
GTOnizuka, no need for tar.gz with sources then, my script will do the work for beginners on Ubuntu ;) .
If you want to see what my script do, go check the link in my signatures (no link to download since it's old versions and they don't work beyond SVN 4267).

Kurapix

Yeah you're right, but what about Slackware/Arch Linux Users? I think that they also need to make easy the download of sources without using SVN :) this is only in my opinion :)

Anyway thanks, but i use pasgui repo for CB.

Best regards, GTOnizuka

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 11:22:24 pm »
Hi, long time no see yep? Well i'm here because i have a suggestion to your NB relases. I have passed to Linux these two last months and i found it very beautifull, much more than Windows(IMHO) anyway why don't you give a tar.gz with sources in? So users that don't know what is SVN can anyway build their own NB in their own system.

I hope you'll get it from the next relase ;)

Best regards, GTOnizuka

You can download the sources as tarball from my repo.
You find it under http://jens.lody.name/debian/pool/sources/
It normally only contains tarballs from svn-versions that exist as nightly build.

But using svn is quite simple:
install the svn (aka subversion) package belonging to your distro, create a directory for the C::B sources and run:
Code
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk <path/where/codeblocks/source/should/go/to>
and you get the latest available svn sources.
I think if someone is able to build C::B from source, he (or she) should also be able to run just one command from commandline.

GTOnizuka

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 11:35:45 pm »
I think if someone is able to build C::B from source, he (or she) should also be able to run just one command from commandline.

Thanks very much but i thought to deploy a service by CB Official NB not by users...and you're right about it but i know people thank know how to hack something by knowing nothing about programming too. So i think that deploying a basilar service(that all OpenSouce projects have) would have been making CB easy to install IN EVERY LINUX DISTRO(and also into Windows, or maybe one day into Mac).

--- Without Tar.Gz ---
Why i'm saying that? Think that, i just installed a fresh distro from CD/DVD but i want to install CB into it(for ex. gentoo). Aww geez, i have to open my web browser to find which is the package manager. After i found it, i have to install svn packages, so i have to wait(it depens on the connection speed) seconds or minutes (many or few aren't important). After that i have to search HOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM SVN for CB project, than after i spent some time to learn them, I open terminal and type svn + parameters to download sources. Finally, i switch to the dir to make, and after make install CB...how many passages!Too for me...(think that i'm lazy).
Total time spent: maybe if you're good 15min, if not 30-40min

-- With Tar.Gz ---
I had just installed my distro, i go to the latest NB through RSS, i download my tar.gz, unpack it, and i type ./configure , make, make install.
WOW, i got to install my CB versoin in less then 5 minutes.

And this is ONLY for Linux distros, but what about windows? i have to find a free svn manager, learn how to use it and then i can deal with the compiling of CB.
And what about Mac that does not provides so many terminal-oriented packages...in every case i have to spent time to learn about svn(think that you're a newbie), so why wasting my time when we can do a service that cut off more than 70% of time.

I hope you get my idea, i'm not here to bore you but just to make these project better and better, from day to day.

Best Regards, GTOnizuka
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:52:31 pm by GTOnizuka »

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:29:03 am »
Mac OS X: (Mac OS X 10.4+ "Universal", including wxWidgets 2.8.6 Unicode)
http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20071215_rev4734_mac286.zip

Also available in MacPorts as port "codeblocks-devel" (builds from svn trunk)
that can be built for X11/GTK+ (wxGTK) as well as for Mac/Aqua (wxMac)...

Offline dannyyy

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 01:34:24 am »
I still need help to install CB on Linux. The description of the problem is on the second message of this topic.

Yannis ? Thomas ? Morten ? Tim ? KillerBot ?

Can you help me ?

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 01:41:53 am »
dannyyy:
take a look at the bootstrap file, if it does contain that "^M" character then it's probably messed up

afb : What black magic are you doing to get the mac version running? Here I built from SVN but wxDynamicLibrary wouldn't work (I've met that problem before, the class refuses to load perfectly valid libraries) What I don't get is why it works when you build it  :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 01:43:59 am by Auria »

Offline tvaster

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 02:57:07 am »
 Used:
./configure --disable-debug --enable-shared --enable-unicode --enable-monolithic --with-gtk=2 --with-gtk=2 --with-contrib-plugins=all

Have wxWidgets-2.8.7 installed with:
./configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/usr --with-local-prefix=/usr/local --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,obj-c++,java,ada --enable-checking=release --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.2 --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --disable-libgcj --with-slibdir=/lib --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --without-system-libunwind --with-cpu=generic --host=i586-suse-linux

SVN 4737 on SUSE 10.2

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../src/include -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-release-2.8 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I../../../../src/include -I../../../../src/include/wxFlatNotebook/include -I../../../../src/include/wxscintilla/include -I../../../../src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith/propgrid/contrib/include -DWXMAKINGLIB_PROPGRID -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT wxscoder.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/wxscoder.Tpo -c ./wxscoder.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/wxscoder.o
./wxscoder.cpp: In member function ‘bool wxsCoder::ApplyChangesEditor(cbEditor*, const wxString&, const wxString&, wxString&, bool, bool, wxString&)’:
./wxscoder.cpp:377: error: no matching function for call to ‘wxsCoder::RebuildCode(wxString&, const wxChar*, int, wxString&)’
./wxscoder.h:151: note: candidates are: wxString wxsCoder::RebuildCode(wxString&, const wchar_t*, int, wxString&)
./wxscoder.cpp: In member function ‘bool wxsCoder::ApplyChangesString(wxString&, const wxString&, const wxString&, wxString&, bool, bool, bool&, wxString&)’:
./wxscoder.cpp:465: error: no matching function for call to ‘wxsCoder::RebuildCode(wxString&, const wxChar*, size_t, wxString&)’
./wxscoder.h:151: note: candidates are: wxString wxsCoder::RebuildCode(wxString&, const wchar_t*, int, wxString&)
make[5]: *** [wxscoder.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/codeblocks-2.8.7/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/codeblocks-2.8.7/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/codeblocks-2.8.7/trunk/src/plugins/contrib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/codeblocks-2.8.7/trunk/src/plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/codeblocks-2.8.7/trunk/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
veslin2:/usr/src/codeblocks-2.8.7/trunk #

Compiles up to this point.  wxChar* appears to be the culprit. Appreciate help. Thank you.

Offline dannyyy

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 04:09:18 am »
dannyyy:
take a look at the bootstrap file, if it does contain that "^M" character then it's probably messed up

No, I can't find this character in the bootstrap file.

All source files were freshly retrieved from CB SVN.

The versions of the tools I have should work, right ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 04:11:04 am by dannyyy »