Author Topic: Code Completion with wxWidgets?  (Read 3632 times)

Offline irrdev

• Single posting newcomer
    • VirsoNet provides free online web designer utilities!
Code Completion with wxWidgets?
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:02:14 am »
CodeBlocks doesn't appear to support code-completion with wxWidgets. I know that many IDEs have similar troubles, although there is a workaround for Visual Studio's Intellisense. Is there a similar known hack for using wxWidgets libraries with CodeBlocks? It is definitely something that I miss... Out of curiosity, what exactly is the problem with wxWidget's header files that this is a recurring problem? Is it Macro-related? Anyways, I would appreciate if there could be a fix for this. :wink:
Feed Launch .NET is an open-source feed editor and feed designer hosted on sourceforge.net. Both RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 feeds are fully supported.

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
Re: Code Completion with wxWidgets?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 01:46:04 pm »
CodeBlocks doesn't appear to support code-completion with wxWidgets.

Maybe you don't have your project file well configured, since the code completion plugin works with wxWdigets, not 100% perfectly, but it works very well. Attached a screen shot that proof it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline irrdev

• Single posting newcomer
    • VirsoNet provides free online web designer utilities!
Re: Code Completion with wxWidgets?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:11:53 pm »
I experimented around a bit, but I didn't get much improvement. None of my projects are correctly working, while the wxWidgets examples only show partial code-completion. When I refer to "partial," I mean that some class members are shown while others are not. Even the very basic wxFrame class only shows a few members. For example, wxFrame's SetToolBar(...)  method isn't displayed. Any further ideas on what the problem possibly is? BTW, I am using the latest Code::Blocks Nightly. :wink:
Feed Launch .NET is an open-source feed editor and feed designer hosted on sourceforge.net. Both RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 feeds are fully supported.