Author Topic: The 10 December 2007 build (4719) is out.  (Read 36616 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 10 December 2007 build (4719) is out.
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:24:11 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx287.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 10 December 2007 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20071210_rev4719_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• debugger: fixed broken cygwin debugging when using cygprefix "/"
  • scripted wizard: added suppot for cygwin compiler
  • fix error that file is opended twice on C::B startup (Shell Open and DDE Open)
  • removed use of warning reducing script from win cbp's (wx287 solved the major part and the rest has been done by previous commits)
  • added AutoVersioning plugin to contrib's

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
Re: The 10 December 2007 build (4719) is out.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:13:52 pm »
Ubuntu 6.10 -> 7.10 Amd64 tar.gz archive (containing '.deb' installers builds with wx2.8.6) can be found here.
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

CaseyB

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:41:02 pm »
I am having trouble building this on Fedora 7.  I have built wxGTK 2.8.7 and when I try to build Code::Blocks I get the following errors:
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `operator+(wxString const&, wchar_t const*)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStringBase::append(unsigned long, wchar_t)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxArrayString::Remove(wchar_t const*)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStringBase::find(wchar_t, unsigned long) const'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxString::Format(wchar_t const*, ...)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxString::Find(wchar_t const*) const'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned long, unsigned long)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxArrayString::Index(wchar_t const*, bool, bool) const'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStringHash::wxCharStringHash(wchar_t const*)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStringBase::ConcatSelf(unsigned long, wchar_t const*, unsigned long)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `operator+(wchar_t const*, wxString const&)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::ApplyToolTip(_GtkTooltips*, wchar_t const*)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `GetStringFromArray(wxArrayString const&, wxString const&)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxString::Cmp(wchar_t const*) const'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxXmlResource::GetXRCID(wchar_t const*, int)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxString::Replace(wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, bool)'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxString::Matches(wchar_t const*) const'
/home/cborders/Development/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxFileSelector(wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, int, wxWindow*, int, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I am sure there is something that I am missing.  Does anyone know what it might be?

Offline wobien

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:44:49 pm »
Thanks for again a new build.

As i reported here i am not having crashes on close workspace any more, but that is not caused by an improvement of C::B.
I made a copy of my old project and workspace before i changed it, and the old workspace still makes C::B crash imediately when i close the workspace, even if i just open it and close at once.
Jens, I am not having  "remote_debugging" entries in my cbp-files.

I tried to reproduce the problem in a simple workspace, but until now the simple workspace stubbornly refuses to crash.

Trying this i stumbled apon another odd feature in C::B. It happened in the 4711 build, and also in this one ( i don't know about earlier ones).
If C::B is closed, I cannot open a single file by dubble clicking it (this is reported earlier). I can open a project or a workspace that way.
If I do that, then close it and wait for about 1 or 2 minutes, it reopens all by itself! It does not happen if I close a project or workspace that i opened from within C::B.
I am om windows XP
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:54:21 pm by wobien »

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:49:37 pm »
Build for Ubuntu i386/amd64 can be found here

Best regards, pasgui

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 11:15:56 pm »
Trying this i stumbled apon another odd feature in C::B. It happened in the 4711 build, and also in this one ( i don't know about earlier ones).
If C::B is closed, I cannot open a single file by dubble clicking it (this is reported earlier). I can open a project or a workspace that way.
If I do that, then close it and wait for about 1 or 2 minutes, it reopens all by itself! It does not happen if I close a project or workspace that i opened from within C::B.
I am om windows XP

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Can anyone confirm such a thing ?

Offline kelo81

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 11:42:42 pm »

Cool!, thanks!  :D
Ezequiel Ruiz
Tango/04 consultant
www.tango04.com

Offline MP2E

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 11:55:54 pm »
Slackware 12 i686 build is here!:
http://savefile.com/projects/808576591

Can be used on practically any i686 Linux operating system. Just rename to tar.gz and delete the install directory.

Please tell me if you encounter any issues :D

Offline Jeisson

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 12:05:19 am »
I am om windows XP

I confirm. I have this problem also, and I had it with project files too. If I double click in a file that is associated with Code::Blocks, Windows Explorer window freezes and Code::Blocks loads but it does not show the file. About 30 seconds later, Code::Blocks opens the file normally and the Windows Explorer window unfreezes.

I have noticed these problems disappear if I disable "Use DDE" option in the File Types section of Folder Options in Windows Explorer configuration. But is not always a rule.

I want to take advantage of this post for thanking the CB team for this magnificent work!
Greetings!

Offline Jeisson

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 12:05:58 am »

Congratulations and thanks JGM! :D

Offline chikigai

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 12:37:01 am »
I recall someone mentioning in the Rev. 4681 thread that the Todo List message pane no longer updated using the "refresh" button.
I am also experiencing the same problem on WinXP SP2.
Has the Todo List plugin been disabled due to the recent crashes associated with it?
[Development Environment]
IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly Build SVN Rev.6080 wxWidgets: 2.8.10 Windows Unicode Build SVN: 1.6.x

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 12:43:46 am »
Yes, that is "normal". It's DDE... nothing to worry about, we'll replace it eventually.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 01:25:11 am »
Debian packages build for/on stable, testing and unstable can be downloaded from my repo (see sig).

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 02:52:00 am »

Congratulations and thanks JGM! :D

thank you!  :D

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 07:48:06 am »
Yes, that is "normal". It's DDE... nothing to worry about, we'll replace it eventually.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
This has worked in the past !! How come this 'could' now be broken ??
There could be race conditions when a dialog was shown (eg compiler selection), then we got that strange error that the file could not be found.

And reopening projects ????

What has happened here ??